Breakfast! HELP!

Options
LinzyB24
LinzyB24 Posts: 28 Member
I'm in a little bit of a predicament. I just started my weight loss plan last week and I am doing really good. However, I am SO sick of eating whole wheat bagels and oatmeal. I really don't like either food, but everyone keeps telling me those are the best things to eat! I don't know what else I can eat! HELP! I have been eating a bowl of oatmeal (yuck) or a whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese (gross) and a fruit (love it), but I just can't do it anymore. Any ideas on alternative breakfast foods that are just as healthy??

Replies

• LinzyB24
    Options
    I'm in a little bit of a predicament. I just started my weight loss plan last week and I am doing really good. However, I am SO sick of eating whole wheat bagels and oatmeal. I really don't like either food, but everyone keeps telling me those are the best things to eat! I don't know what else I can eat! HELP! I have been eating a bowl of oatmeal (yuck) or a whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese (gross) and a fruit (love it), but I just can't do it anymore. Any ideas on alternative breakfast foods that are just as healthy??
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I love oatmeal and eat it almost everday, some others I eat are...

scrambled eggs
    wheat toast with a little PB on it
    cottage cheese w/ fruit
    fresh fruit smoothies
    cheerios w/skim milk (make sure you measure it out! b/c it's easy ...for me atleast... to fill up a big bowl full of cheerios and get a lot more calories than I should..)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Tons of stuff...
    Homemade breakfast burritos
    Homemade "egg mcmuffin" things
    I'm a cheerios girl.
    Yogurt parfaits
    Smoothies
    fruit salads
  • phatphanny
    Options
    HI...my breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs (one whole and 2 egg whites) with green pepper and onion..110 cal..then put in a Dempsters Ancient Grain Tortilla wrap with 1 tbsp of nacho cheese. spread on it..120 cal..so total of 230 cal. Have with either fruit or yogurt...love the taste and it makes you feel full.
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    try a scrambled egg on a toasted whole wheat english muffin-thats my favorite breakfast!
    Also you don't always have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast, eat whatever you want (in moderation ofcorse)

Some other ideas:
    egg omeletes
    toast
    smothies
    yogurt with fruit
  • LinzyB24
    Options
    Awesome. I had thought of scrambled eggs, but people confuse me with the whole egg whites vs. yellow deal. Does it really matter?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Regular eggs just have more cholesterol in them.
    I usually do a regular egg and some egg whites...mainly for color (egg beaters neon yellow/orange freaks me out a bit).
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I had thought of scrambled eggs, but people confuse me with the whole egg whites vs. yellow deal. Does it really matter?
    the yellow part has more cholesterol, that's why some people eat only one whole egg plus 1 or2 egg whites. personally one fills me up!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

personally i eat dinner style meals for breakfast ..chicken and veggies, salmon, tuna etc ....think outside the box
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I actually get the weekly emails from "Eat this, not that" and according to them you can have an english muffin sandwich with an egg and cheese for less calories and fat then a wheat bagel with light cream cheese! So I'd maybe try some other things anyway. Not sure if you like cereal but that's a breakfast you can change weekly and just make sure to measure it out and use skim milk and it's a light breakfast that's yummy! Or you could whip an omlette the night before with egg whites and tons of veggies - good for you and filling!!!!!!

Good luck! :glasses:
  • Mercede
    Mercede Posts: 21
    Options
    Smart Ones has a really good breakfast sandwitch that tastes alot like an egg mcmuffin. Only 210 calories.
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    depends on the day what my breakfast menu will be......but usually

100 bran flakes, flaxseed, skim milk, banana. i have 12 whole almonds OR 7 english walnut halves about 2 hrs prior to breakfast ( i am a bus driver)

once in a while i will have ~ whole grain oatmeal, w/blueberries
    egg beaters w/salsa
    whole grain bagel w/lowfat honey walnut spread
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    this morning I had pancakes with fresh berries and light syrup for 250 cals. here are some others I try:

A 2-egg omelette with cheddar, green peppers and tomato- about 200 cals

toasted bacon & tomato sandwich- about 300 cals

fruit salad with a side of wheat toast- about 300 cals

fibre one cereal with skim milk and banana slices- about 250 cals

a yogurt parfait with fruit and dry, crunchy cereal- about 250 cals

Oatmeal with maple syrup and fresh blueberries- about 250 cals
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I graba slimfast creamy milk chocolate shake drink when I'm on my way to work. On top of that I'll either have an apple or a mini babybel low fat cheese circle also. That keeps me totally full until lunch time!
  • LinzyB24
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help! I will most certainly be mixing it up now! :happy:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

personally i eat dinner style meals for breakfast ..chicken and veggies, salmon, tuna etc ....think outside the box

I love that idea...

I will now think outside the box...