Hello everyone!!! I am new to this.

Options
:flowerforyou: I am trying to get back into shape. I stopped smoking and gained 20 pounds. Yuk!! Then the cancer thing got me again. (I am doing great). But now I am so out of shape. Got to get going I want to lose the weight and get healthy again. I am on my way

Replies

• treehugger
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am trying to get back into shape. I stopped smoking and gained 20 pounds. Yuk!! Then the cancer thing got me again. (I am doing great). But now I am so out of shape. Got to get going I want to lose the weight and get healthy again. I am on my way
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new too. Going to introduce myself also. I'm Amanda. Good luck!
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is a great place to start!! Glad you are doing well after Cancer..lots of support here!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!! Glad you are here!!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards to both of you! Good luck with all your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. lots of good people here.

--Tree
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember we're here if you need ANYthing!!
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Treehugger AND Amanda too, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • treehugger
    Options
    I am so excited about getting support. Because I am so bad about cheating. :sad: :sad: I need accountability. I love all the information and inspiration.... :happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    love your name...I have been called wood hippie, tree hugger,,,bleeding heart liberal,,,,,but treehugger was always welcome...that calorie logger will make you accountable thats for sure..I am now pretty much logging in my head ...but the numbers are always there.....do you take walks yet? walking is SO beneficial,,,amazing way to start slow and easy and build up
    welcome
    Dave
  • treehugger
    Options
    I am still finding my way around this site and am having some trouble. When I go to enter my calories for the next day, it adds them on to yesterday. Any suggestions? I am not that savvy.

Also, does anyone know if there are calories burned for playing the Wii sports games? Just a thought.

:bigsmile:

yes I am walking!!1 I love to walk. 4 times a week, 45 min. a pop. I love listening to coldplay and the blue man group. helps me keep my mind occupied. LOL: laugh:
  • treehugger
    Options
    Ok, so I am getting the hang of all this, finally. I have wanted to welcome everyone that is joining this site. I think it is wonderful. I had to get a lap top and broadband in order to keep up with technology and wow!!!! did this site take off for me. I am able to go everywhere here. :wink: It definitely keeps me accountable now and knowing that I am going to see it in print, helps me. Sometimes.
    I am going to reach my goal and the walking everyday is absolutely a wonderful help. I look at it this way. I am not on a diet. I am changing my life and hopefully being a good example to those around me Kinda like I am passing on something that is going to be a positive influence. I am all about that!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • stevewiz
    stevewiz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I would just like to say congratulations on quitting smoking. That is the hardest thing I have ever done and I also added 20 plus pounds (on a body that was already overweight) since I quit over 2 years ago. Just been on this diet or should I say life style change for a little while and am hoping it is easier then the quitting smoking. I found the logging what you eat a real eye opener for me and a fantastic tool. Good luck.