favorite snack while watching calories?

Options

Replies

• JeanaLK
    JeanaLK Posts: 10
    Options
    I jus barely started this all. I'm having a hard time finding snacks. I love fruits & veggies, cream cheese, cottage cheese, yogurts, peanut butter, wheat thins. So do y'all go with the low fat foods like I mentioned above? I looked at an apple tonight & it was 150 cals for 1 small apple. Also I have to stick to soft food because I am having dental work done. Also add me if anybody wants to :)

I think apple is around 50 cals - I like green apples but a bit complicated to eat them because I have braces... What about apple sauce?

Love apple sauce. I will have some for dinner. Half the serving size tho. I will figure out something else to go with it also.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    baby carrots, keep them in the car and snack on these instead of eating a can of almonds or a cupcake or 2 or 3...
  • momtocanda
    Options
    pistachios!!!
    My trainer looked at my diet log the other day and told me that was one of the best things to eat!
  • JeanaLK
    JeanaLK Posts: 10
    Options
    Here's some fluff I made today. This bowl is a medium sized pyrex bowl. Maybe 1.5 - 2 quarts of fluff for 233 calories, 28g protein 17g carbs 7g fat. 9g sugar & 6g fiber

6690870951_e352eeaae8.jpg

I used Vanilla powder, coconut extract and shaved coconut for a little texture. I had all I could do to eat this bowl.

If I'm REALLY watching calories, I'll go cut up a bunch of cucumbers, sprinkle some spices on them with a little vinegar or lemon juice. Finely shaved onion..maybe some garlic and let it sit overnight.

2012-01-04231427.jpg

Those look so good. I can make the cucumber mix. But do u have a recipe for the fluff??
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Apples, air Popped Popcorn, Sorbet ice pop, bananas, carrots, toast with 1tbsp of peanut butter and sprinkle of cinnamon...mmm
  • momtocanda
    Options
    Here's some fluff I made today. This bowl is a medium sized pyrex bowl. Maybe 1.5 - 2 quarts of fluff for 233 calories, 28g protein 17g carbs 7g fat. 9g sugar & 6g fiber

6690870951_e352eeaae8.jpg

I used Vanilla powder, coconut extract and shaved coconut for a little texture. I had all I could do to eat this bowl.

If I'm REALLY watching calories, I'll go cut up a bunch of cucumbers, sprinkle some spices on them with a little vinegar or lemon juice. Finely shaved onion..maybe some garlic and let it sit overnight.

2012-01-04231427.jpg
    [/quote

I so want that fluff recipe!!!!
  • mporch
    mporch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just recently discovered Perky Jerky....low cal, low sodium. Kind of pricey, but tastes great!!
  • JazmineSmith27
    Options
    Popcorn
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/cinnamon, a little stevia and vanilla with a TBS of PB2!! It's my Oatmeal peanut butter cookie in a bowl!! Yum.
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    cuties oranges!!!! also rice cakes with peanut butter my 10 year old got me on those!!!
  • mrsfuchs
    Options
    A Caramel rice cake w/ a Tbsp of Peanut Butter :o)
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    Mine is Pistachios and / or sunflower seeds, but I may need to try the garden vegetable crackers and cream cheese. That sounds good!
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    babybel cheese... I don't eat it a lot but it's 60 calories and sooo delish! Air popped popcorn, fruit, granola bars..I wish I was less picky and could eat more veggies and stuff like cottage cheese but I just can't do it..
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

Not sure if this has been posted yet

here is an awesome website that list 88 snacks under 100cals

http://www.greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories/
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Roasted soynuts (edamame). I get them here because they have a BUNCH of flavors (I avoid the candy coated ones) and the sodium content is way lower than you would think. https://www.soynuts.com/
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    I have to say that i have recently got into raisins, crabsticks and crackers and low fat cream cheese..mmmm
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Depends-if I'm looking for something sweet, 1 Tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips...if I'm looking to munch, raw veggies (celery, carrots, sugar snap peas) and homemade lowfat ranch (lowfat or fat free sour cream mixed with hidden valley ranch dip mix).
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    I have to say that i have recently got into raisins, crabsticks and crackers and low fat cream cheese..mmmm
    obviously not at same time....
  • ChattyKitten
    ChattyKitten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roast 100cal almond packs. I have a serious sweet tooth and these keep it in check :)