Over 100 lbs to lose and ready!

Options
I have over 100 lbs to lose and I need all the motivation and help I can get. I'm a wife and mother of three, ages 4, 2 and 2 months. I'm ready to finally take control of my life and get healthy for myself and my family. I've been overweight all my life and quite frankly am ready to stop being the "big girl." I've tried many fad diets over the years and have been on a yo yo roller coaster. I've been logging my meals on MFP for a week now and I must say that I think I've got the food part down for the most part. As far as workouts, I'm currently doing Zumba Fitness 2 on the wii, EA Sports Active 2 for wii and Shred it with Weights by Jillian Michaels. I'm also going to a one hour live Zumba class once a week starting on Wednesday. Is 30 minutes of exercise 3 days a week enough exercise to help me lose an average of 2 lbs per week? Thanks in advance for you guys' help.

Replies

• lizc_87
    lizc_87 Posts: 45
    Options
    You are just going to have to see if that's enough for you. Every body is different and as you know for the diets you've tried there really is no one size fits all. Though I have to tell you I did a mini happy dance when I saw you do EASA2. I'm addicted. I have over 100lbs to lose and I work out 4xs a week for 20 mins. I also chase kids all day because I'm a teacher. Two weeks of doing this and I'm down two pounds. . I hope we get to be good friends on here.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I need to buy me a digital scale in order to keep track of my progress. I'm just afraid I'll become a scale addict . Don't want to be discouraged by the scale. As for EASA2, I hate the mountain climbers but I'll get there !
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose also you can add me as a fried if you would like the more the merrier
  • itsasecret22
    Options
    I also have over 100 lbs to lose! We can do this!
  • Semperfione
    Options
    We had a digital scales, it is now under our spare bed. We went back to a scale called ,thinner, even like the name, bought it at Sears, less expensive and accurate. Digital is not what it is all cracked up to be. Happy hunting....try them all out before buying, we did , lol, you will see what I mean, three different weights each time we tried them.
  • Shellysue205
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose myself, so will be happy to help support you.
  • kristena6968
    Options
    i have over 100 lbs to lose too!! we can do it together!! add me
  • cotygirl1
    Options
    I am just new here and also have over 100 lbs to lose ! My problem is low self esteem ! I feel like I don't deserve to lose the weight. I need to desperately in order to get a couple of operations done. They are for ankle replacement and shoulder surgery. I don't have many friends so I find it hard to get motivated. I'm willing to try here for a while and hope I can get help. Looking forward to knowing you. Please feel free to be my friend.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm ready y'all! Let's do this!! Setting my first mini goal at 10 lbs! Want to buy me a pair of skinny jeans and stilettos!
  • beachlovinmom
    beachlovinmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80lbs and I have also struggled with being the "big girl" for most of my life. I'm done. This time the weight will come off. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I have over 100 lbs to loose also. I have to admit i am a scale addict,

Feel free to add me.
  • CandiceH82
    Options
    I have 130 lbs to lose....just started this program on the 9th and loving the simplicity of it. Easy is what you need when you have over 100 lbs to lose because it's frustrating enough to have this much weight. Add me :):flowerforyou:
  • sunny7272
    sunny7272 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi there i would'nt buy scales coz you will be jumping on and off, Boots scales are brill about 50p i think and they mearsure everything,and give you a print out to keep, i stick mine into journal, and weigh in on a wednesday morning, (i walk there) another half and work out for me, good luck x
  • claudann1970
    claudann1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 lbs to lose, too. Please add me. I need all the support I can get. And I'll happily provide support too! I am very motivated this time, since I've just been diagnosed with diabetes. I want to do whatever I can to keep diabetes complications away!
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    Hey girlie! Lets take this journey together shall we? I know what you mean about being a scale addict. I used ot weigh every single day and got discouraged when it went up but let me tell you that a womans body fluctuates up or down 5 pounds every day. So you may weigh today and be at 372 ( thats what i weighed yesterday) and then weigh today and weigh 376. ( didnt weigh today its descouraging but its an example). So i would do it once a week and i like to go more by how i feel and how loose my clothes get. Good luck an im here for support if you need it! oh btw I got a scale from walmart it goes up to 400 pounds not sure what its called exactly but it even keeps record of previous weigh ins!
  • Misti76
    Misti76 Posts: 37
    Options
    I too have over 100 pounds to lose. It seems so overwhelming at times, but I'm really trying to just look at it one week at a time. Well, really one CHOICE at a time. I've been on MFP for 11 days or so,a nd love it so far.

Please feel free to add me. We can all support & encourage one another.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first steps towards a better lifestyle! :) I know you can do it! :D
  • froilan524
    Options
    I am not sure if this is still an active board or not, but I would love to join all of you! I have about 135 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight!
    16920070.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shirlsatrying
    shirlsatrying Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too have this amount of weight to lose. Have been here for 30 days now and have lost 5 kilos ( 11 pounds ) in that time and that is not doing any exercise so I am happy with that. The exercise will come and I will see how I go then.
    I do weigh every day but I also realize that my weight will go up and down depending on how my body is but I only log it on a Saturday morning. The other thing you can do is to measure your self and that will give you a good indication of loss, also notice how your clothes are fitting, with you doing exercise this will be noticeable even if the scales say something else.
    Great that you have joined and please feel free to add me : )
    Shirley
  • paignt
    paignt Posts: 15
    Options
    I also have a little over 100 lbs to lose and we can totally do this! Anyone can add me if they'd like to for support and motivation :)