females 200lbs+ What works for you??

Options
13»

Replies

• littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP, but I honestly disagree with their calorie recommendation. For me to lose 2lbs a week, MFP recommended max 1300kcal. Which is 700kcal off the normal calorie consumption (2000kcal). It does not take into account that I am 210lbs and I need 2800kcal daily to maintain my weight. So I could be eating 1800kcal per day and still loosing weight. Other calorie counting websites do take into account your weight the max allowed calories are usually much higher than 1200 or 1300. This is without exercising calories.
    I personally tried to stick to 1400kcal initially, and the result was the less I eat, the less I lose. My best weight loss seems to be when I am eating 1500kcal per day without exercising. And I would always eat half of my exercise calories back.
    Those eating 900-1200kcal per day and saying is enough… I don’t know how you do it.. but it is definitely not enough for me and it does not work for me.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP, but I honestly disagree with their calorie recommendation. For me to lose 2lbs a week, MFP recommended max 1300kcal. Which is 700kcal off the normal calorie consumption (2000kcal). It does not take into account that I am 210lbs and I need 2800kcal daily to maintain my weight. So I could be eating 1800kcal per day and still loosing weight. Other calorie counting websites do take into account your weight the max allowed calories are usually much higher than 1200 or 1300. This is without exercising calories.
    I personally tried to stick to 1400kcal initially, and the result was the less I eat, the less I lose. My best weight loss seems to be when I am eating 1500kcal per day without exercising. And I would always eat half of my exercise calories back.
    Those eating 900-1200kcal per day and saying is enough… I don’t know how you do it.. but it is definitely not enough for me and it does not work for me.

where do you get 2800 to maintain? i weigh more than you and my maintenance is 2160 on MFP, not far off that using other BMR/Activity level calculations. MFP asks for age / height /weight to calcluate your cal goals?!
    the 1300 is net so if you exercise 500 you will actually get to eat 1800.
    i definetly dont agree with eating stupidly low calories, i eat 1700-1800, never feel hungry or like i am 'on a diet', i exercise an average of 500/day and lose 1.5-2lb most weeks.
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options

where do you get 2800 to maintain? i weigh more than you and my maintenance is 2160 on MFP, not far off that using other

Here: http://www.cancer.org/healthy/toolsandcalculators/calculators/app/calorie-counter-calculator