NO SODIUM!

Options
Things that contain no sodium (or very little)?
I have only eaten 1000 calories for the day and need 200ish more.
But I have gone over my sodium and others.
Help?

Replies

• fuzzimama
    Options
    Fruit and vegetables LOL. Plain nuts (lots of calories there, and you don't have to eat many).
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    most un processed foods, so lean protein, nuts, fruit, veg
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can always drink some more water to flush out and offset the sodium. Don't stop eating, just take note of those things that are a little higher in sodium than you'd like, and limit them or find alternatives.

And fruit.
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Hope you don't mind, I just had a peak at your diary. Did you really eat 100g of cheese in one meal or have you logged that wrong? (Or am I reading it wrong, quite possible). I know most meals where I sprinkle some on top I would max out about 25g, and even a cheese toastie is only about 20g, so I'm imagining a pretty big pile of cheese for 100g (which accounts for a lot of your sodium).
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My house mate said to write that but when I actually make it I will weigh everything to adjust
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Oh, OK, well its really unlikely that you'll eat 100g of cheese by yourself and when you see the HUGE impact that has on your calories and sodium, it might be an idea to decide how much you are going to have and then just stick with it. As I mentioned for a small cheese toastie (burgen size bread) I use about 15 - 20gm cheese, and on pasta or anything like that I sprinkle it on I use 20 - 25gm. Even before MFP I can't imagine eating 100g in one meal, it would probably make me feel a bit sick (and need a whole bunch of prunes to counteract that much cheese LOL).

Having another wee peek, looks like you're making pizza - yum! I make tortilla pizzas for my family and I use 100gm of cheese for all of us (one medium size pizza each), so 25gm per serving.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Aha it's the same with last night my housemate over estimated :p
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Have you got some digital scales? They really do change your life regarding counting calories!