Hi!

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Laurie, and I am from Wellington, New Zealand.

I had my second baby 14 months ago and have been at home with my kids for the last year. I am due to go back to work in 2 days.
Over the last year, all my good plans for lots of exercise failed to eventuate, and I also let my sweet tooth get the better of me and I ate a lot of bad food. In about September I realised I had put on a bit of weight. I tend to put weight right on my stomach, and all of a sudden I realised I looked a few months pregnant again. Instead of doing anything about it I just kept eating bad food.

After Christmas, I saw some photos of myself and I realised I had to change my ways before I ended up in a never ending cycle.

I am not very overweight, I am only a little into the overweight BMI zone. I was teeny in high school and weigh about 40% more than I did back then (15 years ago now)! I want to find my happy medium and to do that I need to lose about 8kg. I am really self conscious about my stomach and hate how big it is at the moment. So I am working towards the elusive flat tummy too!!

My weaknesses are the sweet tooth, and I am a great procrastinator! This week I kicked into gear with MFP and cardio at the gym. I keep putting off doing abs exercises, but I really must! I am still breast feeding my baby, so it's a fine balance - I don't want to push myself too hard because I need to be careful not to affect his nutrition too.

So, if anyone is in the same boat as me, feel free to add me as a friend! I could use a few supporters along the way. :) This has to be a lifestyle change for me because my penchant for bad food really could be my downfall.

Thanks for reading!
Laurie

PS - I went for an hour long walk/jog today so I could have chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert, lol.