Future bride new to the site! 8/25/12 wedding!

Options
Hello all! I'm Sheeba; 25/f/cali. I just started mfp and i would really like some support! There are MANY reasons I'm trying to lose weight! Health/ clothes/ energy/ vegas clubs/ & wedding (meaning bachelorette parties, honeymoon in hawaii, engagement photo shoots/ & wedding day!!) My wedding is on 8/25/12 and I am desperate to lose weight! One of my bridesmaids told me about MFP after I told her how scared I was to be a fat bride. This wedding is costing me waaaay too much money for me not to have a good time (uncomfortable being in my wedding dress and taking pics). She had started using MFP on 1/1/12 and told me to add the app on my phone. Although she had told me about this a week ago, I spent the last few days logging in but always going over my cal count and always finding a daily reason not to exercise. After looking at wedding dresses tonight, I decided it was def a time for a change if I wanted to lose weight in time for my 8/25/12 wedding! My fiance definitely deserves a sexy bride!! Although he is fit and healthy, he understands my struggles and helps me with my challenge in any way he can so I want to lose weight not only for myself, but also for my fiance. I am starting my mission as of 1/14/11. SW: 252

I'd love to make friends for support and encouragement. Add me if you'd like! :)

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This site is awesome for friendships, informationa and encouragement. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm actually in a friend's wedding on 8/26 and we're gonna end up looking at bridesmaid dresses soon, so I'm so with you on it. I just joined a few days ago myself. :)
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My wedding is a lottle furthure off but yes mine is April 14, 2013
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You are getting married on my Birthday!

Feel free to add me, good luck.
  • HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am also an August bride 8.3.12

My advice is to track and work to be a healthy bride but don't stress! The pounds will come off if you take care of yourself but you don't need the added stress of the numbers on the scale :o)

(my job is very stressful and my doctor said the stress is contributing to my difficulty losing weight)
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    welcome... And congrats on your wedding date! MFP is a great way to make friends and find the support you need. Everyone has their own reasons to lose weight, but I agree, you need to enjoy your day. Good luck and feel free to add me for a friend if you would like.
  • JazzberryJam
    Options
    thanks for all the love! :) I sent my requests your way! i def need the support and encouragement during this weight loss journey! hope your day is going well! keep pushing :)
  • chloepippa
    chloepippa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm due to be bridesmaid to my best friend on the very same date! Thats the main reason i joined MFP. We can do it! We still have 7 months to make a huge difference. Xx
  • bolteja
    bolteja Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a future bride too! My dtae is 12 October 2012! I definitely want to lose some weight, not just for the wedding but to also FINALLY be healthier. Good luck to you, to me and to everyone working towards a healthier self. Feel free to add me as a friend! We can do this!
  • tra428
    tra428 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just curious to see how everyone is doing? I just joined mfp and I'm getting married on August 25th as well! Just starting jillian's michaels 90 day body revolution....even though i only have 75 days left.
  • Lcnena209
    Lcnena209 Posts: 60
    Options
    Congratulations to all the brides to be. I hope you reach all reach your weight goal. I am having my daughter a quince which is almost like a sweet 16 in a 1 1/2 year I am so working out and cutting my sugars and carbs out. I need HELP!!!! Please feel free to add me.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    Well first of all congrats on the wedding. Secondly I applaud you for taking the set for wanting to change. A lot of people say they want to, but they never do. I was like that for a long time before I finally saw a picture of myself. Well anyways I wish you the best of luck and support of your journey. If you need any modivation feel free to add me.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey congrats on your big day!!

If you are being lazy/tired etc etc try jillian micheals 30 day shred it's just 20 mins but kicks butt
  • glowingbride
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a Bride-to-Be! The wedding is quickly approaching -- August 12th, 2012. I feel pretty good about how I look in my wedding dresses now (one full-length gown, one short reception dress) but what I'm really focusing on is our honeymoon in Hawaii! I REALLY want to feel good about myself on the beach. I have 7-8 more pounds to go until I'm at goal.

Future brides feel free to add me so we can cheer each other on. xoxoxo
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Pretty new myself but finding MFP a great place for friendships and help! Feel free to add me if you would like to. I am going to my brothers wedding in August 2013 and really do not want to be the "fat one" in the photos!!
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi im a future bride to we are getting married 28th july 2012 so only 7 weeks to go !!!:smile: i want to loose another 5lbs then i think i will be satisfied i do like how i look in my dress but those extra few pounds will give me extra confidence and focusing on that helps to keep wedding stress down lol :tongue: , feel free to add me and we can encourage each other !! xx