Purpose of human beings on this planet

Options
CallmeSbo
CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
What is our purpose on this planet? Has anyone figured this out?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    To make pizza and beer. drool.gif
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    lol Carl...Im just beginning to think our purpose is no more important than that of a cockroack :smokin:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you that trying to find an answer to such a question is akin to catching a puff of smoke in your hands.
    If a person is religious then the tenets of their faith provide one that they believe in.
    For a person not so inclined there simply is no answer but whatever one feels and wants to make out of life.
  • Strivn2day_4aBtrTmrow
    Options
    Someone made a good point on this subject once. We are here to take care of the planet. No other creature can stop a meteor or rebuild an area destroyed by natural causes.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Reproducing.

Challenge accepted.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont think there needs to be a reason.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. I really love to watch them roll...
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I dont think there needs to be a reason.
    What? If we don't have a purpose, we are just random atoms adrift. That means my reaching level 100 in Gears of War means nothing. sad panda
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Reproducing.

Challenge accepted.

Here hee
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    We are here to take care of the planet.

Your proof of this?

Carl01 got it spot on imo.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you that trying to find an answer to such a question is akin to catching a puff of smoke in your hands.
    If a person is religious then the tenets of their faith provide one that they believe in.
    For a person not so inclined there simply is no answer but whatever one feels and wants to make out of life.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    According to Zecharia Sitchen, who translated ancient Sumerian texts, we were created from apes by an alien race called the Anunnaki, from the planet Nibiru, to mine Earth for gold which they needed for their planet's atmosphere or something.
    Now that we're done with that task, we're just here hangin' out! :smile:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This question is worded oddly so Im going to attack it from several angles. First, I love these types of questions.

There is a few ways to interpret this:

What is a human's primary function or purpose in their life? To reproduce. The majority of our biological functions, reactions, and instincts are based around either trying to promote sexual relations, protect a partner, or attract a mate. The end goal, to reproduce. Not to say that those who choose/are not capable to reproduce, but in some way (ideally) they are supporting the end goal of the human race continuing.

As in what role or purpose to we provide the planet, that is a totally different answer. I think regardless of religious, scientific, or philosocial understanding; humans can be viewed as the caretakers or guardians of the earth. Undoubtly we are the most intelligent and advanced of all lifeforms on the planet. Just the same, humans have the capability to make the ecosystem of the world a better place. Many argue that deforestation, clear cutting techniques, dangerous amounts of fuel consumption,etc, that humans are actually harming and destroying the earth. While I agree our techniques in many ways can be harmful and excessive at times, I believe that we cannot ignore we are the dominate species, and a dominating species establishing their own teritory, domain, and habitat does not necessarily make them doing anything wrong to that ecosystem.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    there is no purpose, it's like saying what is the purpose of squirrels?
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Who says there has to be a purpose? And if there is a purpose, who's to say humans have anything to do with it? We're dominant now, but so were the dinosaurs in their time. Life is a gift, just enjoy it.
  • micklespiffy
    Options
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
  • micklespiffy
    Options
    Seriously though, there isn't any. You have to make your own. Good luck.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

I think you mean: What do you get if you multiply six by nine?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Damn.. beat me to it.