eating well but no exercise? not a success

Options
katelyn002
katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
So my success is that i have been eating extremely well! and im so proud of that cause for me, with my husband that thinks eating healthy is just eating a little less of all the junk, and with my three kids... its been a very difficult thing for me to do, so for me to say how good im eating.. well thats big for me! :)

As for the non exercise as a non success.... Some of mFP friends know that i somehow fractured my back and have a herniated disk that makesme barely move... so ive been going to PT for it and its the the extent of i lay on one side and lean back walk holding my hip in and stop... I asked if i can do anything at home for exercise why and they said no, hes a friend so hes being honest with me but says i can not do anything! Afraiid ill worsen my back...

GRRRRRR makes me frustrated, cause im not getting my burn calories in for the day and now i dont know how!?

Replies

• eventing07
    Options
    Way to go! Cleaning up your eating is suppose to be 90% of weight loss. Keep working on that and you will lose weight. Listen to your PT so that you don't injure yourself and hopefully in the long run you will be able to exercise!
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Way to go! Cleaning up your eating is suppose to be 90% of weight loss. Keep working on that and you will lose weight. Listen to your PT so that you don't injure yourself and hopefully in the long run you will be able to exercise!

^^^This!! You definitely do not want to injure yourself anymore. I have to agree with keep cleaning up your eating habits and everything WILL pay off. It is just going to take some time and patience!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is way more about what you eat. You shouldn't have any issues.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So my success is that i have been eating extremely well! and im so proud of that cause for me, with my husband that thinks eating healthy is just eating a little less of all the junk, and with my three kids... its been a very difficult thing for me to do, so for me to say how good im eating.. well thats big for me! :)

As for the non exercise as a non success.... Some of mFP friends know that i somehow fractured my back and have a herniated disk that makesme barely move... so ive been going to PT for it and its the the extent of i lay on one side and lean back walk holding my hip in and stop... I asked if i can do anything at home for exercise why and they said no, hes a friend so hes being honest with me but says i can not do anything! Afraiid ill worsen my back...

GRRRRRR makes me frustrated, cause im not getting my burn calories in for the day and now i dont know how!?

Been there done that. Eventually you will get there. Just be patient. Your PT is exercise itself and for now it will help. Had a blown disc and after PT was over I was walking and hiking again. After having both knees replaced and was done with PT I am now able (after weight loss) to hike the mountains behind me and I can NOW do my bicycle. Just have to build my streighth in my legs.
  • flabtofitness
    flabtofitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    well done hun, remeber you dont need to be good to start , just start to be good. ive had a baby and went up to 19stone, im now under 16stone! ive set up a facebook blog called Flab to fitness, come and like my page, i put on articles about loosing weight ect and also my daily activity ect. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flab-to-Fit-ness/143274295783336 is th link. ive still got 6 stone to loose but im glad ive made this change xx
  • rocketgurl8
    Options
    I started this website back in August and so far I have lost almost 27lbs with no exercise. I do whoever have a retail job so I am walking a lot but in pain. I have an injury to my thigh which gets worse if I work out. I was told it would get better if I lost weight. I was told this 2 years ago and after gaining more weight since then and not feeling well I decided something needed to be done. This website has been so helpful. I just make sure everything is weighted or measured and count the calories. I still eat my sweets too. I have been losing slowly but it's coming off and I am feeling better. As long as you don't go over your calories for the day you should be able to loose no matter what you choose to eat and not exercise. Don't forget to add your liquid colories. I wish you luck!!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Good for you for cleaning up your eating habits. Though exercising is important for your health, what makes you loose weight is how many calories you consume vs. how many you burn. Everybody is different but you can calculate on this site your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) which will tell you how many calories your body burns doing absolutly nothing but keeping you alive. I burn about 1200 as I am not active at all right now. When I start working out in a week or two, I will up it to eating about 1400 calories instead of 1200. It is very important to weigh and measure our food to keep your count as accurate as possible. At one point I thought I was eating around 1400 calories a day but when I started counting calories, befor I ate them, I realized I was eating upwards of 2000 a day. That is a huge difference when your trying to loose weight, not gain it.

I am not working right now and its very cold outside so I tend to read books or blog to fill my days. I have lost 10 lbs in the last week just watching my intake. Anybody can do it. Start with whatever your BMR is and if you dont loose 1- 2 lbs a week then drop your intake by 50 calories. If you chase your kids around the house, walk the dog or anything but sit still, you probably need more then your BMR. As a rule of thumb doctorsy sa,y never eat less then 1200 calories. My mom, however, was at 1100 to which she lost 35 lbs.

Keep up the good work and make some small adjustments and it will pay off.
    Stacey
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Can you to some shadow-boxing or arm movement?
  • stormchaser3
    stormchaser3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anyone that says you can't lose weight unless you exercise has watched way to much TV. I am one of the laziest people in the world and no I don't exercise. I weighed 260 down to 194 and I am still sitting on the couch. The only way you can't burn calories is if your dead. I can sit on the couch all day long and by just breathing I burn about 2000 calories a day. All exercise does is allow you to eat more calories, raise you metabolism, and firm you up so when you meet your goal you don't look like a computer nerd. Am I starting to look nerdy yeah probably, but I don't look like a beached whale anymore. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!