My First HIIT Session :o)

Options
Hi all,

If your wondering what is HIIT it stands for High Intensity Interval Training. I was suppose to start on Monday but wasn't feeling well so I did it today. :happy: I never thought I could push myself so OUT OF MY ZONE :noway: but I did. I used the treadmill for my session and it worked well (I thought). This is what I did:

Warm-up for about 9 minutes starting at 3.0 then went up to 3.5
After warm-up I started to RUN at 6.5mph for 60 seconds (but decided it was still alittle easy):glasses:
Recover at 3.0pmh for 2 minutes
Interval at 7.0mph for 45 seconds (a little tougher)
Recover at 3.0mph for 2 minutes
Interval at 7.5mph (pushing it but I thought I'd try) for 30 seconds
Recover at 2.0 mph for 3 minutes
Interval at 8.0mph (this was really hard but I did it :wink: ) for 30 seconds :noway:
I had to jump on the sides of the treadmill because it didn't go down to 2mph fast enough for 30 seconds.
Recover 2.0mph for 3 minutes
Interval at 7.5mph for 30 seconds
and the rest of the 30 minutes was done with recovering at 2.0mph and intervals at 7.5pmh.

My legs are shaking but oh it feels soo good! :bigsmile:

I just thought I'd share my first experience with the rest of you! Thanks for listening... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

If your wondering what is HIIT it stands for High Intensity Interval Training. I was suppose to start on Monday but wasn't feeling well so I did it today. :happy: I never thought I could push myself so OUT OF MY ZONE :noway: but I did. I used the treadmill for my session and it worked well (I thought). This is what I did:

After warm-up I started to RUN at 6.5mph for 60 seconds (but decided it was still alittle easy):glasses:
    Interval at 8.0mph (this was really hard but I did it :wink: ) for 30 seconds :noway:
    I had to jump on the sides of the treadmill because it didn't go down to 2mph fast enough for 30 seconds.
    and the rest of the 30 minutes was done with recovering at 2.0mph and intervals at 7.5pmh.

I just thought I'd share my first experience with the rest of you! Thanks for listening... :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Way to go! I did it today too- a little different obviously.:drinker: Usually do it 2-3/week, keep it up!:bigsmile:
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    well done! it's such a great way to workout.

for the last week or so, i've been using the tabata protocol: it looks easy but its HELL! banks might be able to shed some more light on it!
    basically, i warm up for 5 mins at 8 kph. then i sprint for 20 seconds at 15 or 16kph, rest for 10 on sides of treadmill. basically do this eight times for a total of four minutes. then warm down for another 5 minutes at 8kph.
    it is SO difficult and my legs feel like jelly at the end! and i do think its improving my bf% and cardiovascular strength even in two weeks. then i do lots of circuit weights.
    i do this 3 x week along with one longer jog/walk and a spin class.
    try it, it's amazing!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    well done! it's such a great way to workout.

for the last week or so, i've been using the tabata protocol: it looks easy but its HELL! banks might be able to shed some more light on it!
    basically, i warm up for 5 mins at 8 kph. then i sprint for 20 seconds at 15 or 16kph, rest for 10 on sides of treadmill. basically do this eight times for a total of four minutes. then warm down for another 5 minutes at 8kph.
    it is SO difficult and my legs feel like jelly at the end! and i do think its improving my bf% and cardiovascular strength even in two weeks. then i do lots of circuit weights.
    i do this 3 x week along with one longer jog/walk and a spin class.
    try it, it's amazing!

I will look into it, thanks! Sounds like your going a great job yourself! :flowerforyou: