Question for anyone who loves Filippino foods...

Options
Hi! I was wondering, does anyone have any "healthier" recipes for common Filipino desserts like Bibingka or Puto? These are a guilty pleasure, but as people who've eaten this before know, not the healthiest.

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh those two are so good!! I don't have any healthy recipes for it - truth be told, I have never heard of any Filippino foods that are healthy. :happy: My suggestion would be to just try to eat a smaller amount - maybe once a week type of thing. Now you got me thinking about it - will have to make some lumpia and fried rice now. he he
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, man! You had to go mention Filippino food. Now I'm craving Pancit and Lumpia.
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    *sigh* that's actually what I've been doing. Oh well. Guess I can't really cheat here. Haha. I tried making bibingka with "healthier" ingredients- it was good, but the consistency was all wrong! It's ok, I'll go back to sectioning out my suman and biko ^_^
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    Try working with people who make AWESOME Filippino food EVERYDAY. I totally know what you mean ^_^ Gained 4 lbs the last time I went to the PI.