Any Gamers Out There

Options
Alright this is gonna sound kinda stupid but Im a video game addict and one of the main reasons (ok the main reason if im not lying to myself) I got back into my unhealthy lifestyle is because of I went back to online gaming and wanted to spend more time doing that than I wanted to work out or eat healthy. So what Im wondering is if there are any other gaming addicts out there that can help me kick the habit not of gaming itself but of doing that instead of all the rest of the crap I should be doing and gaming only when Im done with my daily work outs

Replies

• xlpavenged7x
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm 18 and of course still in high school. I'm a major video game addict. I got my Xbox 360 and my Xbox LIVE account and play it all the time. I play the really addicting games like Call of Duty, and Skyrim...etc. So yeah I was playing the games 24/7 and I would come home from school and just game the rest of the day. I kinda kicked the habit of doing that when I made myself realize I was getting really unhealthy, so for me, working out in the morning was the best thing to do because I would wake up and go to the gym then game later. You know what I mean? Just go early in the morning, and then you got the rest of the day to game or whatever! It worked perfectly fine for me! Hopefully it will for you too! (:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hii :) I absolutely LOVE my XBox & Wii. What I've done between Left 4 Dead and Gears of War is take at least 30 mins to do Your Shape Fitness Evolved, Zumba or Dance Central. They all help you burn calories like heck and you don't feel bored because you're feeding into your game system!
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I quit raiding in world of warcraft and replaced it with the gym. I had to talk myself out of wanting to be the best paladin and into wanting to be the best me =) It was hard, but I haven't gone back... yet lol =)
  • bigbits71
    Options
    I love playing World of Warcraft. I actually bought an exercise bike that would allow me to use my keyboard and mouse. It was handy. It wasn't nearly as tedious to exercise then.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a gamer too. I mostly play PS3 and Wii, currently playing through all the zelda games. Occasionally play table-top and stuff too, so yeah super nerd. lol. ^_^v
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    I love my wii and playing online games too!! totally understand where your coming from! You just have to try and train yourself not to allow yourself to play the games until you've chores and workout done! I will go on this when i get up in the morning for about an hour, but then log off to do house chores, to have my dinner and to do my work out then if i want to go back online i will.. it can be tough cause its so addictive but you can do it :)
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love playing World of Warcraft. I actually bought an exercise bike that would allow me to use my keyboard and mouse. It was handy. It wasn't nearly as tedious to exercise then.

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how the hell did i not think of that
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I was gonna ask your gamer id, my bad......
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options

That's great! I don't play MMOs any more, but I do play games while I ride my stationary bike, using a controller.
  • kessamode
    Options
    hiya, im a gamer myself and ye i agree the game takes so much time.. i rather game all night than spend time with my friends, its sad rly but i can't seem to get out of this bubble.. tho this time ima really try, and most important: not give up!

cheers
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how the hell did i not think of that

I ave played various games on the treadmill, you cant be one of those that move around alot though.....
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am a Gamer, online mostly.
    World of Warcraft, Rift, Starwars The Old Republic, Dragon Age Origins/2, Skyrim, Sims Medieval
  • tammy_lng
    tammy_lng Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am so addicted to World of warcraft! I was told If you are still gonna play you can replace your desk chair for an exercise ball I am trying it and so far my stomach feels tighter without crunches.
  • adamtall
    Options
    wow i never thought i would have had such a response. it makes me feel not so alone in my struggles thanks guys im going to try to add everyone from this topic so we can all help each other :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    <----DDO geek here
  • adamtall
    Options
    Just to add what games im talking about i was a WoW addict and now its turning into a Star Wars The Old Republic addiction.
  • arkady_som
    Options
    I think there is an underlying problem here that should be addressed. Gaming is one thing, but replacing LIVING with gaming is quite another.

For credentials sake, my oldest system owned is a ColecoVision w/Atari Expansion, while my most current is a 360. There are 14 systems in-between, with a collection of about 250 hard copy games (not including XBLA). PC gaming is sporadic.

Why even bother getting into shape when you'll only be living a sedentary lifestyle of exclusive gaming?

Getting healthy isn't just about getting your body in order. It won't sustain if your head isn't clear. By all means, eat healthy, but if you need to find out how to exercise without cutting in on your gaming, then there may be an issue.
  • adamtall
    Options
    Getting healthy isn't just about getting your body in order. It won't sustain if your head isn't clear. By all means, eat healthy, but if you need to find out how to exercise without cutting in on your gaming, then there may be an issue.

I wasnt asking how not to cut into my gaming life but for help balancing both everyday life (which happens to include a wife, a 4 month old, and a job that requires me to put in 60+ hours a week) relaxation (video games) and a healthy lifestyle (excercise and eating right). now if you take out any of those 3 it becomes unbalance and unhealthy once again
  • adamtall
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm 18 and of course still in high school. I'm a major video game addict. I got my Xbox 360 and my Xbox LIVE account and play it all the time. I play the really addicting games like Call of Duty, and Skyrim...etc. So yeah I was playing the games 24/7 and I would come home from school and just game the rest of the day. I kinda kicked the habit of doing that when I made myself realize I was getting really unhealthy, so for me, working out in the morning was the best thing to do because I would wake up and go to the gym then game later. You know what I mean? Just go early in the morning, and then you got the rest of the day to game or whatever! It worked perfectly fine for me! Hopefully it will for you too! (:

When I was losing lots of weight and almost to my goal weight i was running in the AM before work every day but now with the baby its harder to do because I already am at work 10+ hours a day and I dont want to make my wife watch the baby all by herself for the extra 2 hours or so it takes for me to get ready run and then shower and go to work. Im thinking that if i start doing it night and bundle my son up I can take the stroller and go with him but then i dont have the energy to do it just yet
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I think there is an underlying problem here that should be addressed. Gaming is one thing, but replacing LIVING with gaming is quite another.

For credentials sake, my oldest system owned is a ColecoVision w/Atari Expansion, while my most current is a 360. There are 14 systems in-between, with a collection of about 250 hard copy games (not including XBLA). PC gaming is sporadic.

Why even bother getting into shape when you'll only be living a sedentary lifestyle of exclusive gaming?

Yikes! Somebody send this guy some balloons!
    =D

I spend 20 mins a day working out and about 10 hours gaming a week untill business slows down.
    Now if ur losing sleep because your guilds raid times are australian then...
    yaddah yaddah yaddah.....