sugar!

I find that if i eat like two pieces of fruit, I've surpassed my sugar limit! I have a real sweet tooth though, and sometimes foods that aren't even "treats" have a little sugar. How are you guys keeping your sugars down?

Replies

• speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    I find that if i eat like two pieces of fruit, I've surpassed my sugar limit! I have a real sweet tooth though, and sometimes foods that aren't even "treats" have a little sugar. How are you guys keeping your sugars down?
  • One thing I have tried that helps with sugar desire and keeps the calories low is Sugar Free Fudge popsicles. They come in a yellow and red box I think and the have only 40 calories a piece and they don't taste sugar free at all, they are great! Other than that you might try peperments or gum sometimes too.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    It isn't always easy to keep up with all the tallies.

My first thought is to check the portion size of your fruit. For example a 1/2 of a banana is one serving of fruit. We don't need very much of any one kind of food and this may be why you are seeing the sugar go up so quickly.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    One thing I have tried that helps with sugar desire and keeps the calories low is Sugar Free Fudge popsicles. They come in a yellow and red box I think and the have only 40 calories a piece and they don't taste sugar free at all, they are great! Other than that you might try peperments or gum sometimes too.

You can also add a tablespoon of peanut butter to a soft fudgesicle and it will help fill you up and tastes a little like a Reese's cup! Yum!