Can anyone recommend a good scale?

Options
I don't own a scale (on purpose), but now I'm serious about losing weight and getting healthy, I'd like to keep track of the weight loss. Can anyone recommend a good scale?

Replies

• lucia698
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing :)
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    tanita..they are pricey but yu can find a great one for 150 bucks
  • Richard1221
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale. My wife attends ww meetings and it weighs very close to what she weighs at her meetings. The one I have also measures body fat percentage. I got it at Target for around $50.00.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i never owned one for the same reason . but since joining this i had to also. i bought the scale put out by "the biggest looser". its great and accurate. has some cool features in it. it was not to expensive either. Bed bath and beyond carrys it. not sure where your located
  • aatuin
    aatuin Posts: 5
    Options
    This is the one that I own...

http://www.amazon.com/Tanita-BF679W-Scale-Monitor-Water/dp/B0009V1YPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326557053&sr=8-1

The body water and body fat measurements are a little off, because the electric pulses aren't strong enough to run throughout your entire body. I still like the option, though, because it helps me see if I'm losing body fat or just water weight.
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It kinda depends on where you're at in your weight. Walmart has scales that go up to about 350 with good enough accuracy for a guide throughout your process. If you need a scale that is accurate and your upwards of 350 to 500 lbs or more, then look up the Siltec brand. they make t hose and with wide enough footplates for both comfort and accuracy. I've used both :) Now i can run to Walmart and pick one up. Mine is accurate within 2lbs of my doctors scale and i know that the difference is in the clothes on vs clothes off weigh in. Hope this helps
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    i would like to know the same thing. I bought a Taylor litheium (that I got on overstock.com for like $25). The problem with it is that it gives a different reading every time i stand on it. I do not keep it out in the same spot on the floor all of the time (it shows the last weight and I don't want others in my household to know my weight). So I put in up in the closet and take it our once a week to use it always on my hardwood. I will stand on it at least 10 times and get a bunch of different readings (sometimes 2 or 3 pounds different). whatever reading I get multiple times that is the highest is the one I go with.

Would love to find a scale that doesn't have this problem. Any ideas??????????
  • heartdaddy
    heartdaddy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We got this one and love it. Very reliable, large glass platform, big numbers, and goes way up to a whopping 425 pounds. It doesn't have bells and whistles like remembering different users,calculating BMI, etc, but if you just want a solid, reliable, digital scale to tell you your weight, this is a really good one for a great price. No, I have no connection with this company. :) I just realized I was starting to sound like an infomercial.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE?gclid=CKWA88fyz60CFQ5lhwod5jgNoA
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is the one that I own...

http://www.amazon.com/Tanita-BF679W-Scale-Monitor-Water/dp/B0009V1YPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326557053&sr=8-1

The body water and body fat measurements are a little off, because the electric pulses aren't strong enough to run throughout your entire body. I still like the option, though, because it helps me see if I'm losing body fat or just water weight.

Wow!! Thanks for sharing!! I checked out the description and reviews and really want this model!
  • lucia698
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Booked marked the sites and will go take a look at these on Monday :)
  • shandy2356
    Options
    Thank you all! I will be shopping for one today.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much heartdaddy for the recommendation! I checked it out and it is just what I am looking for so I ordered it. The reviews on it were super. I am not the least interested in all the bell and whistles, just accurate weight measurement.
  • CrazyLazyStylist
    CrazyLazyStylist Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser one from Bed Bath & Beyond, only like $40, tells you your BMI and how mant calories it takes you to maintain your weight ! Keeps like up to 12 peoples records too..NYCE!
  • biologic
    Options
    buy a cheap one from wherever and then use a tape measure and measure your measurements every week and don't worry too much about the weight.
  • chatdude
    Options
    i would avoid scales. they are evil and people tend to weigh themselvs all the time!

i would only weigh myself like once every 4-6 weeks. bathroom scales? youll be standing on that thing every time you have to pee or even brush your teeth. pretty soon you wwont want to go into the bathroom and youlll end up peeing in the kitchen sink and not brushing your teeth.
  • beez89
    beez89 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I got mine at meijer... A Biggest Loser brand... Wasn't very expensive and is very accurate!
    I had a cheaper one I got walmart and that thing was always off!
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    I use my wii fit board for my weekly weigh in and u can exercise. It's worth getting on.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i would like to know the same thing. I bought a Taylor litheium (that I got on overstock.com for like $25). The problem with it is that it gives a different reading every time i stand on it. I do not keep it out in the same spot on the floor all of the time (it shows the last weight and I don't want others in my household to know my weight). So I put in up in the closet and take it our once a week to use it always on my hardwood. I will stand on it at least 10 times and get a bunch of different readings (sometimes 2 or 3 pounds different). whatever reading I get multiple times that is the highest is the one I go with.

Would love to find a scale that doesn't have this problem. Any ideas??????????

Ugh!! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one!!! I have the same scale, and it does the very same thing, and I too take the biggest reading. Very frustrating. Glad this topic came up!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i would avoid scales. they are evil and people tend to weigh themselvs all the time!

i would only weigh myself like once every 4-6 weeks. bathroom scales? youll be standing on that thing every time you have to pee or even brush your teeth. pretty soon you wwont want to go into the bathroom and youlll end up peeing in the kitchen sink and not brushing your teeth.

haha! are you spying on me????
  • jarae876
    jarae876 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

That is too funny.