Herbalife

Options
Has anyone tried Herbalife shakes? In my area, Nutrition stores have popped up that make these shakes for you that you drink for two meals. Any success? How about keeping it off?

Replies

• rach700
    rach700 Posts: 25
    Options
    Has anyone tried Herbalife shakes? In my area, Nutrition stores have popped up that make these shakes for you that you drink for two meals. Any success? How about keeping it off?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    that sounds horrible. I'd much rather EAT my food.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I've done it in the past... it was hard to stick with for me. But, as long as what you do is healthy and it works, I support it.
  • hunter88
    hunter88 Posts: 10
    Options
  • mRina66
    mRina66 Posts: 38
    Options
    Its very popular in Europe! my mother did it ,and my aunt used to be a rep for them. They both like it ,but my mom says its not for long term weightloss itss more like a quick fix. It reminds me of slimfast. I could never drink my calories! lol i like to chew my food. If you are interested in it try to learn as much about it as you can just to be informed about what you are putting in your body! But i say you ca loose same weight by counting calories!:wink:
  • hunter88
    hunter88 Posts: 10
    Options

I have a friend at my work that tried that program and lost 35 pounds in like 3 months. I don't think she is doing it anymore, but she has kept most of the weight off, she did gain back about 15 I believe.:happy:
  • rach700
    Options
    Thank you. The reason I am thinking about it is because I am getting married in June. I have been working out 5 days a week, have a personal trainer and have been counting my calories but have not lost any weight and the wedding is getting VERY close.
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    I have been doing the herbalife shakes for almost a month now. I like them for a convenient breakfast option. The only thing I would be leery of is the "coach" you have to talk to every so often. Mine is a complete idiot. I am a nursing student, and I've taken a nutrition class, so I know a little bit about nutrition. This lady is truly misinformed on a lot of issues. It really drives me crazy. Also, I try to make sure that I get enough calories. If I only ate what they told me to eat, I would be in starvation mode for sure! So I'll advocate for the shakes as a PART of your healthy diet. I can't see sticking with them forever, but for now, it's a good option for me.
  • rach700
    Options
    Thanks, Leslie. Have you seen any results?
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    ive been doing the shake for breakfast and lunch for about a week i eat dinner havent weighed myself yet im only looking to lose 10 pounds i work out 6 days a week but a friend has lost 12 in 3weeks so im gonna try it for a couple months
  • iTim__
    Options
    that sounds horrible. I'd much rather EAT my food.

Ha! I agree. Well put.
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    Just updating this... you can see that I lost 11 pounds. Did that in a month, which was good to me :)
    Honestly, though, when people ask how, I do not mention the shakes. I know it only has to do with calories in versus calories out, and however people manage to stick with that (within reason), is what makes it work.
  • iTim__
    Options
    Congrats!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think that it works because you are filling a need with protien and fiber. I used Nutrisystem for a few months and lost weight. The problem is the NS was gone, and food was back in my life.

If you are doing it for a month or 2, and are changing the rest of your eating and exercise for LIFE it wont hurt you.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bf and I did it for awhile, but once we started working out pretty hard at the gym I became light headed as did he from not taking in enough to sustain us, so we backed off that for when we're hittin the gym, if we slack we can have two shakes a day. The Pina Colada is really good from HL and bf loves the cookies and cream
  • rach700
    Options
    My first entire week was completed last Friday and I did not lose any weight. I was exactly the same. i was really disappointed! The Herbalife guy told me I probably need to cut my calories. MFP tells me that I should eat 1600 calories a day, but the herbalife guy told me that I should cut to 1200. I am not going to do that. i think that is crazy and i will gain it back very fast! i am going to try it for another week and see what happens.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Rach, if you don't mind, can you post your height and weight? I'm curious as to how you are working out, eating right, even doing Herbalife shakes and not losing... unless your weight loss goal is unrealistic. (Please don't read any tone into that, I promise, no tone there!!:flowerforyou: ) Are you seeing inches lost? A difference in your clothes? Are you looking to 'fit' into that wedding gown or lose and have last minute alterations? (Keep in mind, alterations take time and a dress that is too big is a pain!! I know!! lol)
  • rach700
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I weigh 185. I fit into my wedding dress. it would just feel a little better around if I were about 5 lbs lighter. I actually didn't have a real goal in mind when I started working out and counting calories. I just wanted to lose some. Instead I have gained weight. My trainer measures me every week, but I don't think it is very accurate since we never really remember where we measured the last time. According to the measurements I have lost inches. My clothes do not feel different and no size change. I work out at least 4 days a week if not 5. All cardio. I see my trainer once a week. Before I tried Herbalife, I was logging my food on this website. It told me to eat 1600 calories. Still nothing!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I've never tried Herbalife. I use Slim-Fast though.
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    I'm mostly down to just doing the shakes for breakfast. I can see that eventually I might not do them at all, unless I really need a low-calorie meal option. I'm soooooo not a morning person, so it's much easier to make a shake (or drink the one I made the night before!) than it is to get up and cook breakfast. Gosh am I lazy or what?!? :blushing: