Anyone here only using MFP? no exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started dieting right before I got some surgery done (Oct 31st). Due to pain both before and after the surgery I couldnt work out. I lost 20 lbs on diet alone with some walking. I was told 8 weeks after surgery I can go back to working out. Since exercising (14 days) I have felt awesome. My abs kill but thats because im working on rebuilding them after surgery. I recomend that everyone has exercise even if it is just a 30 min walk!

Just want to clairify that it was gallbladdar removal. Ha I dont want this to be taken the wrong way. I am losing weight the natural and healthy way! :)
  • rocketgurl8
    Options
    I don't exercise due to an injury. I started my weight loss in August and I have lost 27lbs by only watching calories. Of course I still have my good and bad days, but I try to keep my bad days to 1 or 2 days a week. I keep wanting to go to the gym but seems like everytime I really wanna go my injury acts up and I think I probably shouldn't chance it. Then sometimes I think I should just do it and suck it up. It's a nerve injury in my thigh that I have had for over 2 years. I was told it would get better with weight loss and exercise. Kind of hard to exercise when your thigh is burning. :(
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise due to an injury. I started my weight loss in August and I have lost 27lbs by only watching calories. Of course I still have my good and bad days, but I try to keep my bad days to 1 or 2 days a week. I keep wanting to go to the gym but seems like everytime I really wanna go my injury acts up and I think I probably shouldn't chance it. Then sometimes I think I should just do it and suck it up. It's a nerve injury in my thigh that I have had for over 2 years. I was told it would get better with weight loss and exercise. Kind of hard to exercise when your thigh is burning. :(
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for ur replies!!! I was just curious because i try to make it to the gym 2-3times a week,but i walk everyday. Its great to know by just watching my calories and to try to keep everything in the green that i will see results!! Good luck with your journey's everyone
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :blushing:

Have you tried a yoga class? I have had issues with my legs/hips/back so when I first started out a lot of gym equipment hurt more then helped. I started going to a beginners yoga class once a week and built a ton of strength in all areas. Although my weight hasn't seemed to budge I have dropped a size & a half since last May without adjusting my eating habits at all (and I have been known to have bad habits :blushing: ) and I haven't been to the chiropractor since.
    I just started MFP this week to see just how terrible my eating habits are and to track my exercise in hopes to start losing lbs (and a few more sizes :happy: )