are u a couch potatoe?

Options
unless i'm at school or working i am such a couch potatoe...i have four children and right now i dont have alot of money to be spending all the time...so i'm not eating out, goin to the movies, or doing alot of recreational things that cost...i go to my kids games and stuff but thats not enuff...so i usually end up on the couch bored! i need to get more active but i figure the people that do the most running around are spending money!

Replies

• mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have three boys and used to be like that. I am not earning at all so money is really tight. I go to pick up the boys from school early and do a mile walk round the block. I also am studying with the Open university for an astrophysics degree. But I can still do more so I have started a couch to 5k programme.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    How bout going for a walk with your kids? Maybe go to the park and find some inexpensive/free games to play. Set up an obstacle course and challenge each other, or toss a frisbee, get a cheap basketball and shoot some hoops... get your kids involved, that way you're getting in shape, keeping your KIDS in shape, and also spending quality time with them.

I find the one excuse I use the most when I'm ready to exercise is "I feel so bad, that's 30-60 minutes away from my son! I could be with my son instead of at the gym, especially when I work so much and am so busy doing other things!" So... now I find things that keep us BOTH active, so as not to take away from our special time together. Yesterday my son (3 years old) helped me rake up the leaves in our yard and he loved it! =)

Good luck!

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Your cute people should see you - Please Get off da couch!! Find a park, pack a lunch, take a book. Go for a walk, eat lunch, go for another walk, read a bit, and walk again. To cold, wear layers, snowing, take kids sledding - no sled, use cardboard with a garbage bag duct taped around it. Just get out there. Go to the library get a book, go to the mall and walk indoors - it costs nothing to just walk around. just get up and go.
  • norresha
    norresha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys..i think i'm gonna get a membership at my local ymca and my whole family can go!