Looking for ideas for working out at home

Options
2»

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises. I have been doing these.
    Squats, lunges, push-ups.

This is what I was gonna say.

Unless you're a lot more advanced, there's usually a variation of body-weight exercises that'll lend to your capabilities.

Even pushups have a few dozen variations.

Try using one leg, one arm, on your knees, one leg up, etc etc on exercises, and you'll find they hit your body at different levels.

I did them for part of a year before I actually got into weights.

Just do your best to be safe, and use good form.
  • JessicaOrme34
    Options
    BodyRock.tv is a great way to working out at home. I plan to start bodyrocking myself soon.

I 2nd this! LOVE BODYROCK.TV :)
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hula hoop to your fav TV program. During the commercials, run or walk in place. Thanks how I started. I now run & do Insanity.

I can't stop laughing at this... Once when I went to toys r us and pulled the hula hoop up, let go.. and it stayed up like a belt.. lmaoooo!!!! I decided to leave hula hooping alone!!
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    fitnessbender.blogspot.com has some great at home workouts, I also love ZWOWs (on youtube).
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow

^^^^ here is EVERY workout video in full online that you will ever need! (p90x, insanity, turbo jam, yoga, POP pilates, 30DS jillian michaels, a bunch of HIIT ideas, etc,)

I DONT WANT ANY EXCUSES FROM YOU GUYS SAYING YOU CANT WORK OUT!!!!! ;)
  • jayanne0907
    jayanne0907 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred has been a great work out for me its is only a 20 minute... Been doing it for 25 days and am on Level 2.... I am doing each level for 15 days and after completing Level one I had lost over 6 inches overall... four of those in my waist. Make sure you take measurements and pictures so that you can monitor your progress along the way. She kicks but but it is wonderful to feel yourself grow stronger by the day! Best of Luck to you!!:wink:
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow that Body Rock looks tough. Do they have anything for beginners? There is also ExerciseTV and Spark people have exercises on their site too.

Bodyrock goes through modifications for all the exercises. They are thinking of doing beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts.

I do bodyrock and really enjoy it. I had never felt so strong in my life.

I am a bodyrocker too and I love it. The workouts are tough but they are all modifiable. I've only been doing it for 2 months and can see big differences in my body. I love it because they are fast, the workouts usually take about 15 minutes. If I have more time I'll go through them 2 or 3 times. Its appealing for us Mom's. I send my daughter upstairs to change out of her school clothes and can be finished before she gets back. Its so great.