What's Your Calm?

Options
What makes you calm? Is it a person? A place? A image? A song? You know that feeling where you can actually unwind and be you, and feel like a human being, your not being judged, you just feel a sense of relief for a few seconds, minutes, or hours.

My calm comes in a brown and white form, about 1100lbs and greets me with a nuzzle. I am talking about my horse. The best time spent with him is in the saddle. Going on the trails and seeing nature at it's finest. You don't realize what your missing and it is usually in our back yard. We forget to stop and smell the roses sometimes. He just brings me to a calm that I never feel when I am not with him. He doesn't laugh at me, talk behind my back, judge me, or think I am overwieght. He is always happy to see me. Even if we are riding with other people, it's like we become one. It is the greatest feeling EVER.

So what is your calm? I would like to hear!!

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    My calm is yoga.

The minute I walk into that hot studio everything melts away, when I feel my belly filling and exhaling the air, the chatter of the day floating away, my shoulders relaxing, I feel every sensation to the 100th degree, my muscle working, my heart beating, my sweat dripping, my spirit be lifted. There is no better feeling and it can follow me for days.