Most Unexpected NSV

Options
Years ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS, a condition that effects fertility in women. It haunted me for years, not that I was trying to conceive...just the fear I wouldn't be able to when I did want to.

I had a follow up appointment, and on December 20, my OB and fertility doctor told me I was once again releasing healthy, mature eggs and my hormone levels were once again stabilized.

Low and behold, I found out a couple days ago that I'm pregnant. Even though circumstances aren't the greatest, I'm truly feeling blessed.

I call this a NSV, because my doctors credited it greatly to my now active and healthy eating lifestyle.

Replies

• ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • klindaberry
    klindaberry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's Great. Congrats!!
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome!!
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    That is great!!
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    whooops I should read posts before replying :S congrats
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! this seems like a pipe dream for me but to hear your story gives us PCOS girls some hope :)
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Incredible, congratulations and best of luck!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats and I wish you a H&H 9 months. :)
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Allyson (that's my spelling too!!), babies don't always come when the timing's right, but somehow or other it all works out! Double congratulations actually, on weight loss and good health too!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congrats mommy! lol at the 6 tests
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you must feel about 100lbs lighter - floater in the air after that great news! Good luck!
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Congrats mommy! lol at the 6 tests

I was in denial...in fact, there are four more I took not pictured. Not to mention, the blood test from the doctor. Lol.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing!! My older sister also has PCOS and she has two children now! :)
  • bmgrant
    bmgrant Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! You have no idea how much your post inspires me. I too have PCOS and I want more than anything in the world to have my own child. This is my biggest motivator on why I want to lose weight. Right now at 238lbs (been steady at this weight for the past 3 years) I only have about 1 period a year - if that. I fully believe that if I lose weight my hormones will stabilize again and maybe I will be able to ovulate on my own. I want this so bad..Again, your post motivates me to keep going! Congrats hun!!

BTW - What is NSV? Sorry I am new to MFP and I don't know some of the lingo yet :)
  • junebug523
    Options
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory (a positive result of exercising/eating healthier that isn't based on what the scale says)
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    One of the best NSVs I have seen on this site! Congratulations!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that's amazing news. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!