2300 Calorie deficit

Options
This post really has no point - just thought I'd share my day.

My friend and I decided to go for a hike today since it was nice. We first drove her car to the end point and then she jumped in my car and we went to the start. Reason being, I hate back tracking. So instead of walking somewhere and walking back... I just walk somewhere farther. Anyway, neither of us had done this hike and weren't sure how long it would take. It ended up taking 1.5 hrs to get to her car. At this point we did decide to walk a little farther (to the destination we originally wanted to go but thought it'd be too far). This did mean back tracking, but I wanted to get a good sense of the trail (I'm planning a 45 km hike in one day).

Now here comes the real kicker.... after literally scaling sheets of ice over some pretty high drops (in trail runners no doubt).... we were tired and very happy to be 10 minutes from her car. Suddenly she stops and says "OH NO." I don't know why... but I knew instantly what happened. She left her keys in MY car!!!! The idea of having to walk 1.5 hours back in the dark in the trees was like a knife to my stomach. Not only was I backtracking but it was cold, I was starving, and already tired. We ended up walking back down the middle of a creek so that there was at least a little light (the trees are pitch black). Now after burning 2800 calories, I'm in a major deficit (which I'm normally not). I can hardly move and I'm really not looking forward to my workout with my trainer tomorrow.

Now if somebody could come and carry me to bed that'd be great!

Replies

• bathedinshadow
    bathedinshadow Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This post really has no point - just thought I'd share my day.

My friend and I decided to go for a hike today since it was nice. We first drove her car to the end point and then she jumped in my car and we went to the start. Reason being, I hate back tracking. So instead of walking somewhere and walking back... I just walk somewhere farther. Anyway, neither of us had done this hike and weren't sure how long it would take. It ended up taking 1.5 hrs to get to her car. At this point we did decide to walk a little farther (to the destination we originally wanted to go but thought it'd be too far). This did mean back tracking, but I wanted to get a good sense of the trail (I'm planning a 45 km hike in one day).

Now here comes the real kicker.... after literally scaling sheets of ice over some pretty high drops (in trail runners no doubt).... we were tired and very happy to be 10 minutes from her car. Suddenly she stops and says "OH NO." I don't know why... but I knew instantly what happened. She left her keys in MY car!!!! The idea of having to walk 1.5 hours back in the dark in the trees was like a knife to my stomach. Not only was I backtracking but it was cold, I was starving, and already tired. We ended up walking back down the middle of a creek so that there was at least a little light (the trees are pitch black). Now after burning 2800 calories, I'm in a major deficit (which I'm normally not). I can hardly move and I'm really not looking forward to my workout with my trainer tomorrow.

Now if somebody could come and carry me to bed that'd be great!
  • staceyg
    staceyg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I apologize for enjoying reading your story so much. That was a good laugh!
    Thanks!:laugh:
  • bathedinshadow
    Options
    I'm sure I'll laugh about it in a week or so... right now I'm too tired to laugh.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ok, so if you skipped your workout ... it's not a problem!!!! Hope today is a better day for you. :laugh:
  • bathedinshadow
    Options
    If only so easy. 24 hr notice required. I'm not made of money so throwing away $75 is not an option for me.... I just really hope I'm not sore.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If only so easy. 24 hr notice required. I'm not made of money so throwing away $75 is not an option for me.... I just really hope I'm not sore.

Then go to bed !!!!! :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    That sucks! But the good part is you were able to do it and thats awesome! Hopefully you won't be too sore.

~Leash
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    You are really a good friend! Want to be mine??????
    I would be just like your other friend! You have no idea how bad I am with my keys!!!!!
    If the three of us were friends together, no telling how thin we'd be!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I
  • NathanEHarvey
    Options
    Isn't it amazing the timing of remembering your stupid mistake. I have those moments a lot...:grumble:
  • bathedinshadow
    Options

Then go to bed !!!!! :wink:

Nobody would carry me! Plus I'm such a night person it's hard to flip that around. The workout was grueling just to follow up. haha. I wasn't sore though, which is good!
  • bathedinshadow
    Options
    You are really a good friend! Want to be mine??????
    I would be just like your other friend! You have no idea how bad I am with my keys!!!!!
    If the three of us were friends together, no telling how thin we'd be!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I

I'm not sure if I need more friends who torture me! haha. The funny thing was... I think she planned it. Right before we left for our hike she INSISTED on having a small meal. I couldn't understand why she wouldn't just have a snack since she had eaten not long before. Little did I know she was planning on doubling our hike.