mexican restaurant tonight

Going out to eat tonight at a mexican restaurant? Help me figure out what to eat!

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    I usually go with the chicken fajitas, I don't eat the shells and no cheese, sour cream and guac on the side and just dip my fork in them, I'll see if I can do a salad instead of rice and bean if not I'll have just black beans.

Enjoy your dinner. :flowerforyou:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    I'd start out by snacking on chips and salsa while we wait for our order...then i'd either get the street taco combo (with rice and beans) or two cheese enchiladas with rice and beans. (I'm really fussy about my meat, if I hadn't eaten there before i'd probably do the cheese enchiladas.) Then i'd sample what was on my husband's plate to see how the meat is at that particular place. I'd probably have a glass of unsweetened iced tea with it all and call it a good cheat meal. :flowerforyou:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    It's more about what you shouldn't eat and what you can portion, but need to be careful about. Watch out for things drowned in cheese and sauce. Watch out for oversized portions, oversized tortillas, and too many chips. Watch your portion of rice. Stay away from refried beans and eat black beans or similar instead.

Stay with lean protein (chicken, steak, seafood), fresh vegetables, and salsa (over sour cream).

Hayesgang has a great suggestion! I might even allow myself some cheese (or one shell). I like to use a lot of salsa mixed with a small amount of sour cream (then you have creamy salsa without a ton of calories).