Falling off the wagon.... uh oh

Options
I don't know what my problem is, but I've been at this for about a week and the past 2 days I've gone over my calories... I know tomorrow's a new day, but I'm worried that I'm falling into a pattern.:frown: I start off the day really good but then it just goes south... any advice?

Replies

• doubleloop23
    Options
    I don't know what my problem is, but I've been at this for about a week and the past 2 days I've gone over my calories... I know tomorrow's a new day, but I'm worried that I'm falling into a pattern.:frown: I start off the day really good but then it just goes south... any advice?
  • bathedinshadow
    bathedinshadow Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this applies to you... but maybe spend less time at home? That's when I tend to eat more - when I'm hanging around home. Even if you go to a friends house or something. When I'm at home it's just so easy to access and I'm more comfortable and I tend to just think about it more. When I'm out, hours can pass and I don't even think of it.

Or perhaps eating lower calorie food so you can eat more?

More exercise also means you get to eat more. I find I want to eat pretty much the same amount of food each day regardless of exercise. So when I exercise I get to eat what I want. When I don't exercise I find it to be more of an effort to stay within calories.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I found that being accountable is what is helping me. I log everything I eat on here and keep the number of calories I can have and the remaining calories of what I have left to eat all throughout the day. (I also know my daughter set up my page and I did not change the password so she can check on me if she wants,)
  • groovegoddess
    Options
    I totally understand as I would eat so well all day until later on in the afternoon or evening, then I would cheat and ruin my almost perfect day. I would tell myself that I could start again tomorrow but then it became a pattern and I've been struggling with it for a month and even gained a few pounds.

I now have gotten back into power yoga and spinning and it helps keep me on track and I have better days of healthy eating. Having to be in a bikini in a few weeks has certainly been motivating!

I am on the isogenix cleanse and have an amazing coach supporting me and helping me stick to it and when I get to the Bahamas I will be doing 2 yoga classes per day so hopefully I will be coming back from my holiday even more fit. That's 14 yoga classes in a week!

So find something to keep you moving and out of the house where you will tend to eat more. I find when I do things healthy for my body it craves only good food.

Good luck!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Just a thought - when I am tempted to go over, it is when I maybe skipped or waited too long for a meal. So, I start the day well, but then late in the day, I am just too hungry, and I slip up. Maybe eating more frequently, or eating a power bar or something on the way home to take the edge off your hunger. Also, making sure you are hydrated. Good luck!
  • NathanEHarvey
    Options
    You were right to be worried by the past two days. The more times you go over, the easier it will be to let happen. Eventually, you'll just quit going to this site altogether. In a couple months you'll think to yourself, man, imagine how much I could've lost in that time, it went by so fast. For me, I have to not have snacks available. Grapes are what I make myself snack on now, because I like to just be chewing on something while I play a video game or watch a movie. If you do that with Oreos, it's a problem; But with grapes it really won't hurt you. Also, eat breakfast and three other small meals throughout the day. Eating more often will help you not get hungry at certain points in the day, and end up snacking on something you normally would never go near:noway: . Good luck, and don't give up!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'll give you the advice that has worked for me. Maybe it will help some.

1st is to choose a day when you have an hour or so of free time and pre-package up your snacks into plastic baggies. Make sure you have the right serving amounts.
    I always have individual servings of cheese, almonds, veggies, and what have you in my fridge, easy to grab and just eat. And I know how much I am eating.

2nd log right after you eat. If possible always try to log any food you eat right after you do it. It helps to keep you focused.

3rd Plan out your meals for the week. I don't necessarily mean every meal, but when and how much you eat in a day. It will help if you have a plan.

4th track your water. When you feel munchies coming on, drink about 6 oz of water. If you still feel hungry after about 10 minutes, then you're really hungry. Sometimes our bodies equate thirst with hunger.

Hope this helps.
  • bathedinshadow
    bathedinshadow Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding her... but it doesn't seem to me that she "falls of the wagon" at night because she is "hungry" as you are all implying. I mean she didn't really say that. For me, when I overeat it is never because I'm hungry, it's just because I want it. I also tend to be slightly OCD so I keep track of EVERYTHING I eat. This doesn't keep me in line though - it just allows me to see how much I've overeaten. Not that all of these suggestions aren't great for those of us who are just hungry and need to get better balance with the kinds of foods and portions we are eating... they definitely are. So though maybe that is what she is getting at, it might also be that her issue is more that she just wants to eat? IF that is the case, then I definitely think distractions are the way to go.
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    thanks everyone!:flowerforyou: ... I'll try a couple different things you've suggested... today was a lot better :happy: ... i went skating and burned 733 calories so that was nice... I'm so happy I stayed under today! :happy: yay me!