Silly Question

Options
I am still fairly new to MFP. Am I supposed to eat ALL the calories for the day including the extras for excercise?

Kim

Replies

• bulletprooff
    Options
    The short answer is Yes.

Now for the longer answer. Everyone should be intaking no less than 1200 calories because that is the minimum your body needs to function without going into starvation mode. The calories suggested by MFP is your goal to meet every day to lose the weight you're aiming for. So when you work out, you're burning off the calories making the amount you consumed less for that day, so you should always have at least 1200 in your Net.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    The short answer is Yes.

Now for the longer answer. Everyone should be intaking no less than 1200 calories because that is the minimum your body needs to function without going into starvation mode. The calories suggested by MFP is your goal to meet every day to lose the weight you're aiming for. So when you work out, you're burning off the calories making the amount you consumed less for that day, so you should always have at least 1200 in your Net.

^^This.
  • kboivin03
    kboivin03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1200 is nooooo problem since I'm hungry! But I wasn't sure if I was also supposed to eat all the excercise cals also.

Thank you!!