P90X is coming in the mail next week...

Options
I'm a little bit nervous, but more excited than anything. Anyone have some advice or words of wisdom for me? Also, anyone interested in suffering through this thing together? (The P90X forum sucks) :bigsmile:

Replies

• NathanEHarvey
    Options
    I'm a little bit nervous, but more excited than anything. Anyone have some advice or words of wisdom for me? Also, anyone interested in suffering through this thing together? (The P90X forum sucks) :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Start with an attitude that this is a life changing program. Follow the program to the letter, ESPECIALLY the excellent nutrition plan. As Tony Horton says, "BRING IT" to every workout. It will be tough in the beginning as your body adapts to the P90X program. Believe me, we've all experienced the soreness after doing 24 sets of pushups and pullups. This program is worth every penny. Also, this is a FITNESS program. You may not see a lot of weight loss on the scale, because you are building lean muscle and reshaping your body. The nutrition plan is designed to blast away the fat in the beginning and then gives you the good food necessary to support these workouts. Trust this program, it is very well designed. Nothing is fake here. No magic pills. Just good food and hard work. Best of luck to you...bring it!

BTW, I prefer using dumbbells over the exercise bands. Works better for me. Also, a pullup bar is invaluable. You will swear at it in the beginning, but swear by it later on.
  • twallwork
    Options
    Singfree...this is good to hear....I love the program too...I'm only on Day 4 and I'm at the point of swearing at that pull-up bar, LOL....but I still very much like the program !!! I took the yoga for granted at first...that is extreme yoga!!! My husband was really sweating with it too and he has amazing muscle control !
  • singfree
    Options
    For me, I found success on the pullup bar after I lost the excess fat and became strong enough to do it without assistance. Yes, in the beginning I had to do modified pullups, but now I can do multiple sets of 10 reps. Be patient...it takes some time. By day 60 you will really feel like a new person. I am approaching 55 years old, if I can do it anyone can.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Lots of wisdom for ya! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44954-p90x-starting-a-new-thread?page=1#posts-471014

Join in! I've gone through 5 rounds of P90X myself and love it! Let me know if you have any questions! :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    Options
    Thanks, jessmomof3...I forgot about the great BB Coaches out there who can help with your fitness journey.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'm on day 6 today! I thought I was in decent shape but I was so wrong! This is exactly what I needed to break it up and try something different. You'll love it.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks, jessmomof3...I forgot about the great BB Coaches out there who can help with your fitness journey.

That's what we're here for. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm on day 6 today! I thought I was in decent shape but I was so wrong! This is exactly what I needed to break it up and try something different. You'll love it.

That is *exactly* what I said. I mean, I'd run a marathon before doing P90X. But OUCH those first couple weeks were torture!! I'd never been so sore in my upper body before!! :noway: