Get to know Ladyofivy... ask me anything!

Options
Well, anything within reason. I started this thread because I'm lonely and pathetic. I'll answer nearly anything, as long as it's within the PG-13 arena, per the guidelines of this site. Hey, it's not my fault that the site was made like this. :laugh:

So go ahead and ask me, and I'll tell you whatever I can. :happy:

:::waits patiently for this thread to drop like a rock to the bottom of the ocean:::

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Well, anything within reason. I started this thread because I'm lonely and pathetic. I'll answer nearly anything, as long as it's within the PG-13 arena, per the guidelines of this site. Hey, it's not my fault that the site was made like this. :laugh:

So go ahead and ask me, and I'll tell you whatever I can. :happy:

:::waits patiently for this thread to drop like a rock to the bottom of the ocean:::
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    What's your all time favorite movie?:flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Oh wow, someone actually replied! I'm psyched! :laugh:

Some favorites are:

The Princess Bride
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Austin Powers (all three)

But my all-time favorite would be A Christmas Story. :)
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Story ROCKS!!!! TNT has a 24 hour marathon on Christmas Day and we leave it on at my parent's house..the WHOLE day!!! I bought my Dad the "Leg" lamp for Christmas!!!:laugh: So yeah..I'd have to agree!!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    what body part do you love most about yourself?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    What does your screen name mean?
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    what body part do you love most about yourself?

Ughhh I guess my breasts. LOL I really don't like many body parts yet, so those would be "it" for now. Haha! :laugh:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So I'm dying to know...aside from marrying your spouse, giving birth to your children, or divorcing said spouse (if applicable :-) - what was the best day of your life?

BTW, fun post!:smile:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    What does your screen name mean?

My screen name was something I came up with YEARS ago back when AOL was pretty new. I was about 18 or 19 and I liked the chat rooms that were RPG's, but I needed to come up with a name for myself. I wanted to have something having to do with the color green, my favorite color. But I didn't want to be "hunter lady" or anything like that. So I thought I would be "Lady of" something. The color of ivy worked for me, so that's what I used. It kind of stuck. Even though I don't play RPG's anymore. :laugh:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    A Christmas Story ROCKS!!!! TNT has a 24 hour marathon on Christmas Day and we leave it on at my parent's house..the WHOLE day!!! I bought my Dad the "Leg" lamp for Christmas!!!:laugh: So yeah..I'd have to agree!!!

Me too! I looove that they do that. :smile: I'd have it on all day if my in-laws would allow it, too. :laugh:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    So I'm dying to know...aside from marrying your spouse, giving birth to your children, or divorcing said spouse (if applicable :-) - what was the best day of your life?

BTW, fun post!:smile:

Hmm.. now that's a tough one. I'm really thinking hard about this... I have several that top the list for worst day ever, but it's tough to come up with a best.

In recent months, the best day I guess would have been for my 30th birthday. My husband rented a limo, and we went to dinner at my favorite swanky restaurant and took my cousin and her husband with us, and then we dropped them off and went to a hotel with a jacuzzi suite. I can at least say that it was the best *birthday* ever. :smile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    How did you meet your husband?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite flower? :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    How did you meet your husband?

Ohhh now THIS is an interesting story indeed. The short answer would be "in school". But here's the much longer answer, that I'm sure you'll immediately be sorry for having asked it...

Picture it, a high school in upstate NY, 1995.

I sat in my Global Studies class, in the back of the room, BORED out of my MIND. All I wanted to do was get out of that stupid class and get home and call my boyfriend, David, on the phone.

Some kids had written on the desk that I was at, and so I, too, wrote on the desk. (I know, what a rebel!)

"I love David", I wrote.

The class droned on, as I embellished my writing with all kinds of hearts and other pretties.

The following day, there was a note under my writing. "Who is David?"

Not willing to give anything away, I wrote, "The one that I love."

The third day, I was intrigued to see what the response would be. It was, "Who are you?"

Again, being coy, I wrote, "The one who loves David."

The following day, the person wrote, "What's your name?"

I wrote, "I'm not writing that. What's yours?"

"Tim."

I wrote, "I love Green Day."

He wrote, "Me too. I'm a skateboarder."

THIS was something interesting, because our school had a graduating class of roughly 200... I knew pretty much everyone at least by name in my class and the class above and below me. Not that I was popular (far from it), but you just get to know people in a smallerish town.

I scribbled his name out (to protect him from getting in trouble. The following day, I was JUST about to write a message to Tim, and the teacher came back and NEARLY caught me. He asked me if I'd been writing on the desk, and I of course denied it. He said he didn't think that I would do that, but another teacher and he had been trying to figure out who had been writing on the desk.

After class, I waited outside of the room, and waited for a kid dressed like a skater who I didn't really recognize. I saw him pretty quick and said, "Hey.. are you Tim?"

He said, "Yeah."

I said, "I'm Amy... I was writing on the desk with you, but I wanted to tell you not to write on the desk anymore, because our teachers are trying to figure out who's doing it."

He said, "Okay."

That was that.

I didn't talk to him for the rest of the year. But the following year, I had lunch in the cafeteria and he had a free class that he took in there. I asked him if he remembered me, and he said he did. We talked a lot during lunch, even flirted some, but it never went anywhere. He graduated and I assumed I'd never see him again.

The summer of 1996, I took a vacation with my extended family, and had a boyfriend who admitted to me that he cheated on me while I was gone. (The guy was a total jerk.) I also had gotten a letter from an old boyfriend while I was away, and decided to write him back. I acted like the cheating didn't bother me when I met up with my boyfriend, and asked him to drive me to a store to pick up a few things. There was a traffic jam. I got out and told him it was over, and walked to the post office. Lo and behold, the ex that I wrote the letter to was there, and so was Tim. They were both skateboarding at the post office.

I started talking to the ex again (just as friends) and Tim was hanging out with him while we talked on the phone. Tim told the ex to tell me I was hot.

From then on, we've been inseparable. :happy:

Told you you'd be sorry you asked. :tongue:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    What is your favorite flower? :flowerforyou:

I like lillies a lot, carnations of course, but I'm a sucker for roses. Especially orange roses. :smile:
  • jackeh
    Options
    what do you keep in the top drawrer of your dresser?
  • jackeh
    Options
    whats your most embarassing moment ... lol this is fun :devil:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Haha underpants. :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    how many times have you seen Jackson Browne in concert? (me...45 times so don't beat that k?)
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    whats your most embarassing moment ... lol this is fun :devil:

I don't think I can go into it too much here... it involves an escapade where someones roommate heard some activities that were going on and the activities were a bit more involved than typical activities! :embarassed: