Ready...set.. GO!

Options
Hi there! My name is Molly. I have 5 kids (2 of my own and 3 step) and need a drastic life change chronic health problems set in. I am boarder line diabetic and sleep apnea. I started working out last September until I started having gall bladder attacks which took me out until mid December (after my 6 week gall bladder removal post op). I told myself Jan 1 I had to start then never did... and every day it was tomorrow. Well tomorrow is tomorrow and tomorrow I am starting this journey! You maybe thinking there's the tomorrow excuse again but today isn't optimal with the flu (don't think other gym goers would appreciate me all that much)... Please wish me luck, only 116 pounds to go (by 2014)!

Replies

• pounce73
    Options
    Wish you the best on your journey just remember one day makes that start and gets you closer to the resulls. I am new to this journey as well ( well returing to it) so if you would like add me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Excuses are easy.

You don't have to go to a gym. But if you have the flu, you should really be in bed.

90% of this is mental. You are going to have to change everything about your thinking.

Do a little at a time, trying to change everything at once is overwhelming and leads to emotional distress.

Baby steps.

Today - log all your food and drink your water.
  • yanasmom
    yanasmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just started this journey last week, and I am learning my way around the site. I like what I see so far! Wishing you much success! It's gonna feel so good when we reach our goals so let's stay positive. NO EXCUSES!
  • awaldrop08
    Options
    You can do it, Molly! I'm walking with my sister-in-law on her journey, and she's keeping me accountable to my own goals. Just don't let "bad" days (i.e., poor eating, not exercising, etc.) cause you to lose your momentum or your resolve. Best of luck to you!