First weigh in nerves!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jarae876
    jarae876 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My first real weigh-in is tomorrow morning (it is for the Biggest Loser through my Church) and I am so scared. You see I did something the other day ( and everyone who is more experienced I give you my FULL permission to laugh at me for this) that was beyond stupid I realize now LOL. You see I couldn't wait to see how much weight I lost so I got access to the scale that I weighed in on last Sunday and couldn't help but see my progress. Well I was about to throw in the towel for it said that I GAINED two pounds. I stay under goal all the time and work out about two hours a day so how on earth could I have gained. Then as I was walking a few things came to mind. 1) I have been struggling to get my sodium below goal for I am usually blowing that out of the water [though I think I am getting it under control now] 2) I was wearing my shoes [I know for a fact weigh a pound for I weighed them before] 3) I was wearing a jacket that had my keys, phone, mp3 player and a couple of other things in it 4) I had just eaten lunch [sandwich and jello fruit cup] and finally 5) I was wearing sweats not the shorts that I wore for the weigh in. So all of those factors I am hoping are what put on those two pounds. But tomorrow I am scared to death to still see those two pounds being there even with all of those or at least most of those factors gone or changed [sodium]. So yeah I am nervous about my weigh in.
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My first real weigh-in is tomorrow morning (it is for the Biggest Loser through my Church) and I am so scared. You see I did something the other day ( and everyone who is more experienced I give you my FULL permission to laugh at me for this) that was beyond stupid I realize now LOL. You see I couldn't wait to see how much weight I lost so I got access to the scale that I weighed in on last Sunday and couldn't help but see my progress. Well I was about to throw in the towel for it said that I GAINED two pounds. I stay under goal all the time and work out about two hours a day so how on earth could I have gained. Then as I was walking a few things came to mind. 1) I have been struggling to get my sodium below goal for I am usually blowing that out of the water [though I think I am getting it under control now] 2) I was wearing my shoes [I know for a fact weigh a pound for I weighed them before] 3) I was wearing a jacket that had my keys, phone, mp3 player and a couple of other things in it 4) I had just eaten lunch [sandwich and jello fruit cup] and finally 5) I was wearing sweats not the shorts that I wore for the weigh in. So all of those factors I am hoping are what put on those two pounds. But tomorrow I am scared to death to still see those two pounds being there even with all of those or at least most of those factors gone or changed [sodium]. So yeah I am nervous about my weigh in.

I am sure you are gonna do great!! I think all those things that you had in your pocket may have weighed more than 2lbs :laugh:

So happy with the support that everyone had posted so far as I have just joined so please that my post wasnt forgotten about :bigsmile:

Thanks guys and also please feel free to add me always looking for more buddies to add to my motivators list heehee

Natz x

14696887.png
  • jarae876
    Options

I am sure you are gonna do great!! I think all those things that you had in your pocket may have weighed more than 2lbs :laugh:

So happy with the support that everyone had posted so far as I have just joined so please that my post wasnt forgotten about :bigsmile:

Thanks guys and also please feel free to add me always looking for more buddies to add to my motivators list heehee

Natz x

14696887.png

That is what I am really hoping for. I sent a request by the way.
  • Natz_20
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

the nerves r slowly diappearing!!! And I am definately not gonna set my goals so high that they are unreachable because no one is going to be successful if we do that!!

So does anyone have any mini goals?

Mine it to lose 14lbs by February the 17th as it is my friends birthday night out and I want to feel more confident that i am now

Natz

x

14696887.png
  • jarae876
    Options

Mine is to loose 50 pounds by April 1st. Ok that might a bit hard but I am trying. I want at least 40 gone by then though for if I can lose that 40 then I win a bet with my kid and he will have to pay up big LOL.
  • Natz_20
    Options

Mine is to loose 50 pounds by April 1st. Ok that might a bit hard but I am trying. I want at least 40 gone by then though for if I can lose that 40 then I win a bet with my kid and he will have to pay up big LOL.

would love to have a bet with someone!!

Planning on putting a uk pound into a piggy bank for every pound that I lose!! then I can be skinny and semi-rich too haha!

Natz x

14696887.png
  • shmurph
    shmurph Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love that idea! I'm going to try to do a similar thing with a dollar! Use it to buy myself something nice :)

would love to have a bet with someone!!

Planning on putting a uk pound into a piggy bank for every pound that I lose!! then I can be skinny and semi-rich too haha!

Natz x

14696887.png
  • zenshe
    zenshe Posts: 14
    Options
    We are on the same "Cruise Ship" Natz, lol! My first weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm definitely feeling a bit anxious about it. I figure any weight loss (no matter big or small) is in the right direction. Wishing you a move in the loss direction (-: -Dawn-
  • Natz_20
    Options
    We are on the same "Cruise Ship" Natz, lol! My first weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm definitely feeling a bit anxious about it. I figure any weight loss (no matter big or small) is in the right direction. Wishing you a move in the loss direction (-: -Dawn-

Hello Dawn,

i hope that you do well too :)

cant wait to see the results long term!!

x
  • bolteja
    bolteja Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh me too! I always feel so nervous, no matter how good I think I've been during the week! The most improtant thing to remember is that we're doing this to get healthy and that it's always going to be a learning experience. We need to listen ot our bodies and do what we can to stay on track.
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've been at this healthy eating / exercising since last summer and still get nervous every weigh in. Don't think it will ever change. I know my shape is completely changing but I'm also watching my BMI as I want to get it lower.

Good luck for your first weigh in.