Reaching the recommended calories

2»

Replies

• kfle018
    kfle018 Posts: 15
    I just looked at your diary and I think its because you aren't really eating breakfast or much lunch? I had to same problem but just set myself the goal of eating within 30mins of getting up in the morning, that kick starts your metabolism and means you are getting in an easy 300 calories a day! :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Almonds, I find, are crazy high in calories and (good!) fats. If you have a little local market or get them raw and unsalted, they're usually a bit cheaper. I got a good 2 1/2 cups of raw unsalted almonds for like 3 bucks at a local Polish store :) Plus, I find at least, if they're unsalted and un-roasted, you REALLY get that sweet, almost cherry-like flavor from them. So good!
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    We are not as wild about PB here as over there is. I think I have had it 2 or 3 times lol.

I will try nuts. Hate bananas yuck !
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    I just looked at your diary and I think its because you aren't really eating breakfast or much lunch? I had to same problem but just set myself the goal of eating within 30mins of getting up in the morning, that kick starts your metabolism and means you are getting in an easy 300 calories a day! :)

I usually only have porridge in the morning (except for this morning as i had an extremely long lie)

I find it hard to eat lunch as I dont get a set lunch break and when I have eventually stopped for a break it doesnt seem that long till dinner time.

Will take nuts to work just chomp on them.

Going to get myself to Holland and Barret for the almond butter too :o)

thanks for all the tips x
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    You can look at my diary. I eat quite a bit and have been eating fairly healthy for the last month or so, with the typical treat every now and then.

Gosh you do seem to eat a lot when its all written down, although I have no clue what most of it is lol

I am going to try and vary what I eat.Try and get away from the baked potato for dinner which is my usual :o)
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    I have heard many times that Americans are about the only people in the world who like peanut butter. I love it so much. When I was expecting my boys I thought about peanut butter all day long. All three times. :D