Let's talk CARBS. :)

Options
I love my carbs. Who doesn't? Rice, pastas, candy, ice cream, you name it xD
But I have a question....I hope it doesn't sound stupid.
Now, I know that you can eat as many calories as you want in a meal so long as you have an overall deficit. Does it work that way with carbs too? My carbs on MFP say about 200-210 a day. So if I have three meals with about 70 carbs each, or 5 meals of about 40-50, does it matter? Will there be any significant weight gain, or lethargy?

Thanks in advance:) ^-^ Have a good day everyone.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Doesn't matter at all! All that matters is what the numbers look like at the end of the day :]
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I keep mine between 30-40 a meal. No more then 150 a day. 130 when I was losing.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs. Who doesn't? Rice, pastas, candy, ice cream, you name it xD
    But I have a question....I hope it doesn't sound stupid.
    Now, I know that you can eat as many calories as you want in a meal so long as you have an overall deficit. Does it work that way with carbs too? My carbs on MFP say about 200-210 a day. So if I have three meals with about 70 carbs each, or 5 meals of about 40-50, does it matter? Will there be any significant weight gain, or lethargy?

Thanks in advance:) ^-^ Have a good day everyone.

I don't know about weight loss, but it could lead to periods of lethargy as your blood sugar spikes and falls do to the sugars. Try to keep it to mostly complex carbs in reasonable servings.
  • sarscab
    sarscab Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't think it matters in terms of weight loss, but to keep blood sugar from spiking/crashing, my past dietician recommended I stay under 50 carbs per meal because I am a type 2 diabetic.