"IS IT WORTH IT"

Options
:brokenheart:

I started using this site 1 week ago and have been using the food journal and have been counting my calorie intake and I have done really well. I think I went over on my cals once and it was very slightly.

I stopped having the odd glass of wine in the evening and the late night snacks.
Cut my portion sizes and changed my diet to a healthy one.
Been drinking plenty of water and Ive been more active than I used to be.

So I was really looking forward to weighing in today.........
To my suprise the scale hadnt moved, Im still weighing in at the exact same weight as I was when I started.
I was under the impression that the 1st week is usually the week when we tend to loose the most weight !?

Oh this is such a dissapointment for me. I really wonder is this going to be worth it ???????

Replies

• sharondaley
    Options

I started using this site 1 week ago and have been using the food journal and have been counting my calorie intake and I have done really well. I think I went over on my cals once and it was very slightly.

I stopped having the odd glass of wine in the evening and the late night snacks.
    Cut my portion sizes and changed my diet to a healthy one.
    Been drinking plenty of water and Ive been more active than I used to be.

So I was really looking forward to weighing in today.........
    To my suprise the scale hadnt moved, Im still weighing in at the exact same weight as I was when I started.
    I was under the impression that the 1st week is usually the week when we tend to loose the most weight !?

Oh this is such a dissapointment for me. I really wonder is this going to be worth it ???????

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

It is worth it. If you are eating healthy and are more aware of what you put in your body, this is an awesome first step. Each week is a learning experience and you have to be in it for the long haul. The scale is only one measure of your progress. As they say, you can't live or die by the scale.

Everyone is different. Don't judge your progress by someone elses.

Hang in there.

Connie Lynn
  • scottishfruitbat
    Options
    Sharon

Oh what a shame :ohwell: - not everybody is the same and sometimes it can take your body a while to catch up. Yes it WILL be worth it. You will get there - honest!! Take care Gina x:flowerforyou:
  • tekrueger
    Options
    IT IS, IT IS! Just this morning broke the 40 pounds lost mark! I was stuck for six months doing A LOT of sport and exercise in this period but it just wasn't enough.

For instance, in a study exercise alone has been found to lead to limited weight loss (a few pounds) without dieting; the participants who dieted lost more than 5 times as much. The group that did both lost the most, but it was just a few more pounds than the diet alone group.

I take this to mean that what goes in has to be less than what our bodies are burning up. Using FitnessPal lets you SEE what you are REALLY eating and WHEN!

I hope you stick with it....its helped me to lose 5 lbs in just over 3 weeks! YOU can do it but you've got to decide to record down everything lets say for a week and then you can decide whether it helps or not.

The weight will come off if you do a lot of those things you know already to do, and are starting to do even more of from what you wrote.

And, yeah, water retention and other things can make my weight vary even by 1.5 lbs on anyone day and that drives me crazy! So hang in there, you'll see the results! :happy:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I've been at a plateau so long I am almost getting discouraged myself, but it IS worth it. It can't last forever.

I've seen my weight go up and down nearly 4 pounds from one day to the next, presumably from water retention from what I read. It's possible you first weighed at a "low" retention, then happened to be at a "high" when you next weighed.

Personally, I weigh myself every day so I am not "fooled" by this effect.

You might want to review your goals, though. Maybe your natural lifestyle is less energetic than you gave yourself credit for and your daily calories need to be reduced. I first underestimated my own energy expenditures on a daily basis adn started getting all dizzy and lazy from lack of nutrition. In my case, upping my calories made me feel great and the weight started dropping.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yes it is worth it!!!
    You'll probably lose it more steadily, and those of us that have lost a lot in the first week, will reach platues where we stoip losing, and you'll be saying, yeah, well I'm still losing - keep it up, it's worth it in the end - loook at the bigger (or rather slimmer) picture.
    Take care
    xx
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I seem to have hit a playeau after losing 7lbs, but I feel better in myself for having the control not to be putting on weight anymore. And I woke up this morning even more determined to lose more.

Stay with us, we all get discouraged for one reason or another, but tomorrow is another day - the scales could look different tomorrow!

Jane
  • sharondaley
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGMENT GUYS :flowerforyou:

I have taken on board all the above and Im going to try twice as hard this week.
    I do actually think it could be a case of water retention.

We shall see.

Thanks again my friends.

Good luck to you all.

Sharon. x