Myself and the Wife Are Working together, First Time :)

Options
We are 3-4 days into dieting now. Thank you myfitnesspal for providing the tools to track our information, mine is a little harder due to highblood pressure but it is comming down fast now. Had one little slip up on tomato juice that threw my salt intake over the top one day but other than that all is well.

Thats it for me. I have a long way to go, so will probably be around for about 12 weeks. Or atleast hopefully will hit my goals by then,, 85 lbs in 3months. Is that possible.. We shall see.

Replies

• Fishripper
    Fishripper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We are 3-4 days into dieting now. Thank you myfitnesspal for providing the tools to track our information, mine is a little harder due to highblood pressure but it is comming down fast now. Had one little slip up on tomato juice that threw my salt intake over the top one day but other than that all is well.

Thats it for me. I have a long way to go, so will probably be around for about 12 weeks. Or atleast hopefully will hit my goals by then,, 85 lbs in 3months. Is that possible.. We shall see.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: This is a great way to start a new healthy lifestyle. Remember slow and steady wins the race. :drinker:
  • fatguynlilcoat
    Options
    85 lbs in 3 months, which is an extremely high goal, would only result in you gaining it back again (atleast in my personal experience). To lose it in a healthy way and to keep it off, you MUST take your time. It's a lifestyle change. You'll also find that the first 20 lbs or so are the easiest, then it will gradually become more difficult. Stay committed, do not be too strict on yourself, and do not rush your body, and you'll do just fine. Also, welcome to the site!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    85 pounds in 3 months is alot even if you add your and your wife's loss together.

My husband and I are in it together and in about 6 or 7 months we've lost over 92 pounds combined. It's great to have support at home and on here!

Best of luck to you both!

Great advice from fatguy.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and your wife!!

my hubby and I are also on here as well, he is Dad_to_5. I just signed him up and he is doing awesome in the last couple days, since i told heim i booked us for a mini family vacay at Great Wolf Lodge at the end of April. I hope to be at my goal weight by then and heshould be pretty close.
    Like the previous posters have said, slow and steady wins the rae, if you want the weight to stay off, it is recommened to only lose about 2 lbs per week.

Good Luck to you and your wife.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Good luck to both of you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    85 lbs in 3 months, which is an extremely high goal, would only result in you gaining it back again (atleast in my personal experience). To lose it in a healthy way and to keep it off, you MUST take your time. It's a lifestyle change. You'll also find that the first 20 lbs or so are the easiest, then it will gradually become more difficult. Stay committed, do not be too strict on yourself, and do not rush your body, and you'll do just fine. Also, welcome to the site!

I couldn't agree with this more.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fishripper
    Fishripper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Thank you all, finally got a weight Scale for the house today..LOL Think we were scared to buy one in the past. We didn't want to know the truth in the past. Now the cats out of the bag to say.

I'm a Male 41 age, father of two 20 and 12 Year old Sons, Husband of 21 years and Still going. I am a construction worker. Its been winter here and things have been slow. Now that the weather is in Spring mode work should be picking up along with my activity lvl