dont think im eating enough calories

Options
hi everyone! its really hars for me to eat enough calories, and its been three days since ive started! without a scale, i wont know if ive lost anything! what to do, what to do!

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, greek yogurt, cheese, bacon, full fat mayo or salad dressing
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ...no

fill up on HEALTHY high calorie snacks. do not eat bacon or full fat mayo.... instead try oatmeal or HEALTHY meat!
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too find it sometimes to make1200 calories. However, don't eat the bad stuff, eat things that are good for you but pack a few more calories. Stay away from the preservatives if you can. I enjoy oatmeal, or add some additional protein to my meal. I work out 5 days right now so the additional protein helps. Also, I grab a 90 calorie fit one bar before I work out. Eat the smart stuff and you will continue toward your goal of getting healthy.
  • 220orbust0
    220orbust0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, to start I guess the first question needs to be how many calorie are you eating in a day. Then what is your Goal? are you looking to loose, gain or maintain weight? If you are looking to bulk up on calories I would suggest nutrient dense foods. Such as: nut butter, olive oil, and whole raw nuts. Good luck on your journey.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    ...no

fill up on HEALTHY high calorie snacks. do not eat bacon or full fat mayo.... instead try oatmeal or HEALTHY meat!
    theres nothing wrong with full fat mayo and bacon, and long as you fit it into your day and eat it in moderation.
    im not saying sit down with a plate full of bacon covered in mayo, but a couple slices of bacon on a sandwich wont kill anyone
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    do not eat bacon

there is NOTHING wrong with BACON.
    Bacon is necessary!:laugh:

Today I had 6 strips of bacon covered in peanut butter for lunch. Seriously. go look. It was awesome. Don't knock it till you try it.

bacon-bacon-is-meat-candy-demotivational-posters-1304991162.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1322581806550
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    do not eat bacon

there is NOTHING wrong with BACON.
    Bacon is necessary!:laugh:

Today I had 6 strips of bacon covered in peanut butter for lunch. Seriously. go look. It was awesome. Don't knock it till you try it.
    ooo that sounds good! ive had chocolate covered bacon before (<3<3<3)! i might have to try it with PB. or maybe both >.>
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! its really hars for me to eat enough calories, and its been three days since ive started! without a scale, i wont know if ive lost anything! what to do, what to do!

I don't mean to be rude, but if you are having a hard time reaching 1200 calories, how did you gain the weight in the first place?

Also, when I upped my calories I found it easier to meet my calorie target if I ate the non-diet versions of stuff.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options

I don't mean to be rude, but if you are having a hard time reaching 1200 calories, how did you gain the weight in the first place?

Also, when I upped my calories I found it easier to meet my calorie target if I ate the non-diet versions of stuff.
    not trying to argue here - but when i first started it was hard for me to hit 1200 too because i went into it completely restricting myself to "healthy" foods, and i couldnt eat enough to add up. i also had gone from eating one meal a day, to trying to eat three and i just never felt hungry. my metabolism was so messed up. i still have problems with not feeling hungry a lot of the time.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    ...no

While I agree with filling up mainly on healthy foods. (Chocolate cake doesn't really give you any nutrients, nor will it probably fit your macros comfortably) there is absolutely nothing wrong with bacon or full fat mayo.

Did you know that when making a "lighter" version of something like mayo, to replace the flavour usually lost by making it low fat / fat free, sugar and/or salt is added, along with a whole load of other unnatural ingredients that most people couldn't pronounce! Now to me, I would rather have a little extra fat. I once compared 2 bottles of ribena - one was "light" and the other original. The light version had roughly 3 times as many ingredients as the orginial, mainly extra preservatives, colour, stabilisers etc etc
  • biologic
    Options
    well, fats are the highest calories per gram so make sure you are getting plenty of fats in your diet. a lot of people try to completely cut out fat and then they find themselves not getting enough "energy" from their diet.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, greek yogurt, cheese, bacon, full fat mayo or salad dressing

I don't see anything wrong with bacon; I will eat a strip (cut in half) with my breakfast, and it doesn't cause any problems.
    The full fat mayo though; those are just empty calories in a high-fat dressing. The olive oil mayo has more good-for-you things in it. But I prefer mustard over mayo, haha.

Try to gain your calories through healthy veggies and fruits; you'll be able to eat more and get tons of vitamins and minerals!
  • sbernadetteh
    Options
    If your gonna eat bacon (which I do) switch to turkey bacon! Its healthier for ya!
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    If your gonna eat bacon (which I do) switch to turkey bacon! Its healthier for ya!
    turkey bacon isnt bacon ;p