Question

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Laura and I am from Alabama. This is kind of new for me so I am trying to find my way but have to admit alot of this is confusing to me. I am not a label reader and so it is hard for me to figure out whether or not something is really good for you. I am cutting out my breads and pastas and drinking more water and trying to get more fruits and grains. I also heard that you shouldn't eat anything after 7 p.m which is hard for me cause that is when the munchies begin their attack, especially when one of my favorite shows are on. Can anyone tell me if eating after 7 really is true?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    its not, unless it causes problems for you. reflux, sleeping issues, or going over your calories for the day.
    i eat up until i lay down to sleep, if i have the calories and i lose just fine :)
  • clairedance
    Options
    Hi Lara!

From what I understand, there is no "right" or "wrong" time to eat. The recommendation to not eat after 7 PM is more of a psychological thing - if you eat after 7, then it's likely that you've already eaten all your meals, and whatever you are snacking on is just "extra."

My advice - if you want it! - is to structure your eating so that you have enough calories left over to eat after 7. That way, you can have a snack or two and it's part of your overall plan. Also, I find that when I'm feeling "snacky" after dinner, I'm actually thirsty. Make sure you're drinking enough water, and maybe that snacky feeling will go away.
  • clairedance
    Options
    Sorry, LAURA! Not Lara. :)
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Pastas are good as long as you find whole grain pasta (whole wheat) and there is never a bad time to eat, it's an myth and no truth to it. It works best for me to eat 6 small meals a day, and I mean small. If I eat a protein and a fruit I find I don't get hungry. If I get over hungry I have a history of over eating. Eating this way allows me to make better food choices instead of being very hungry and "grabbing" what I can.