Help! I am always over my sugar goal

Options
Does this happen to anyone else? Even if I eat a piece of fruit and yoghurt (without any added sugar) and have a class of milk, I am already above my sugar level. Don't know what to do. :(

Replies

• syouell1
    Options
    Hey there

I had the same conversation with my dietician the other day, and basically her take on this is, as long as you are not going over becasue of refined sugars and empty calories, its not a big deal. Fruits, milk, even yogurt she mentioned can drive the sugars up, but are coming from natural sources....so dont fret :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Every day. Sometimes by as much as 70-90 grams! And I hardly ever eat any refined sugar or processed food at all. But I eat at least 5 portions of fruit a day, sometimes up to 7 or 8 portions.

And I don't care in the slightest. As long as I stay under my 1200 cals and get a good balance of protein and carbs I'm all good.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    try to make one snack a day savoury e.g vegetables not fruit . hummus, oatcakes and smoked salmon etc. and of your five a day go for veges more than fruit if sugar is an issue, but if it is not added or refined sugar It's not a bad thing. It's good you are aware of this though and avaoid any non natural sugar sources.
    good luck
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone!
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Hey there

I had the same conversation with my dietician the other day, and basically her take on this is, as long as you are not going over becasue of refined sugars and empty calories, its not a big deal. Fruits, milk, even yogurt she mentioned can drive the sugars up, but are coming from natural sources....so dont fret :)

^ This is true.
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this because i am often over with my sugars too. I am finding the same thing with protein too though...can anyone tell me if this is a real problem or not?