Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge March 13

Options
Hi everyone. . .

Well, I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, but my matoe-face seems to be on the mend. This is the first day in a week that it hasn't felt like it was on fire, so I'll take it. If I had an enemy, I wouldn't wish this on them. What a drag.

No exercise scheduled for today, giving my body one more day to use all its extra energy fighting the virus. If I feel energetic, I'll finish the kitchen cleaning for the week.

The reason I made such ambitious goals is I just read an article that claims that we only meet 60% of our workout goals that we set. So, I figure if I'm super-ambitious, even 60% is great.:tongue:

I'm feeling sentimental about "SBF". . .do you think we could just call it "SBF: Reboot" or something. Although "Reboot Boogaloo" would make me laugh every time I got to type it. (sort of like "happy flappy")
Just saying. . . .

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. . .

Well, I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, but my matoe-face seems to be on the mend. This is the first day in a week that it hasn't felt like it was on fire, so I'll take it. If I had an enemy, I wouldn't wish this on them. What a drag.

No exercise scheduled for today, giving my body one more day to use all its extra energy fighting the virus. If I feel energetic, I'll finish the kitchen cleaning for the week.

The reason I made such ambitious goals is I just read an article that claims that we only meet 60% of our workout goals that we set. So, I figure if I'm super-ambitious, even 60% is great.:tongue:

I'm feeling sentimental about "SBF". . .do you think we could just call it "SBF: Reboot" or something. Although "Reboot Boogaloo" would make me laugh every time I got to type it. (sort of like "happy flappy")
    Just saying. . . .

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey V... I hope you continue to improve. So does the fact that it was a virus mean that it wasn't related to the face cream after all?

Today I will probably call a rest day, which means I'll just do the 30 minute after-lunch walk with my co-workers. I've done cardio 4 days in a row, and pushups twice this week. Maybe I'll take a look at my cheesy '12-minute workout' book and do some strength exercises.

I'll come up with my goals and post with them over the weekend. I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with cardio 5x/week plus pushups, or if I want to change it up by adding more strength training or yoga. I think I prefer to make realistic goals, because I feel bad if I don't meet them. I want my gold stars! (Actually, that's not a bad idea... maybe I should go buy some. :tongue: )

SBF 2: Reboot Boogaloo just cracks me up. I'd be cool with that. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone else is doing well! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had to call Burt's Bees back and tell them it was just an unfortunate coincidence of timing. (I confess it was a bit of a bummer, as I was hoping for a big ole box of free burt's bees products for my troubles. ..and if it was the cream causing it, I would have deserved it.) My face is still a mess, but it doesn't hurt. So, that's really, really good.

Absolutely go buy stars. Stars are fun.

Also, IMHO (and probably Mary agrees :wink: ) Why not add yoga? I just love it, and I'm in this whole "three-legged stool" mode w/ my workouts.

I always like to have big huge plans, and then feel satisfied meeting 80-90% of them. (for example, if I'm aiming for six workouts a week, and at the end of the month I have 20 stars, I'm pleased. Everybody's different, no?:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I finally got time to sit down and post. Feeling kind of blah today. I don't know why. Maybe the weather. Yesterday was also a hard day. My family left and Alex showed his "upset" by going to the bathroom where he ought not be going. Plus I had too much trail mix so my stomach was messed up, even this morning. DH took trail mix to work. I knew better than to get that!
    I am trying to stay off sweets right now. I also need to limit my dairy intake as it seems to have crept back in. It does that when I've been under a lot of stress.
    I cleaned a little and will have more to do once Alex gets up from his nap. I want to relax right now. I'm tired of going. I will try to get back into the swing of things next week. I still feel drained from the last couple of months.
    Yeah, I'd like to keep SBF in the title. SBF:Re-boot or something like that sounds cool. The Re-boot Boogaloo would be funny. I think other on the site might be wondering what we're :smokin: . LOL. I need to be rebooted so I think reboot in the title would work.
    Ok, I'm going to enjoy my quiet time. Have a good day!
    MM
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Oh what a bumpy ride it was today. All the mud froze and the ruts threw my bus all over the place if I tried to go faster than 15 miles an hour. It's hard to get a route done in the appointed amount of time at 15 mph.

Well on another note, my hubby's doc said he has to lose weight:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: so now he is going to go for the walks with me and we are going to be cooking much more healthier and he has to eat less too. I feel like I'm not having to do this alone now. We'll see how it goes.

If you keep the SBF part in I'll be able to remember this site better, otherwise I like what you are coming up with. Everyone have a good evening.