Just started circuit weight training what can I expect?

Options
Hi guys,
I've been doing tons of cardio and know that I need to put some weight training in there, so this was my first week of adding in the strength training. I am hoping to do it on Mon, Weds, Fridays. What can I expect to happen once I start doing this regularly? I am hoping to see a little definition in my arms. Will my weight fluctuate much once I gain a little muscle? Do you guys enjoy the circuit training or prefer free weights? I am completely new to this part of it.
thanks! :wink:

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I've been doing tons of cardio and know that I need to put some weight training in there, so this was my first week of adding in the strength training. I am hoping to do it on Mon, Weds, Fridays. What can I expect to happen once I start doing this regularly? I am hoping to see a little definition in my arms. Will my weight fluctuate much once I gain a little muscle? Do you guys enjoy the circuit training or prefer free weights? I am completely new to this part of it.
    thanks! :wink:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for a log time. I enjoy mixing it up a bit. I will choose about 5-6 different exercises and do those for a few weeks, then go on to somehing else. I use free weights and machines, like them all. The only constant thing I do is on MWF I do upper body work and on Tue & Thur I do lower body & abs. I start each workout by doing some Hi Intensity Intervals on the treadmill, then weights. As you get stronger, you might get frustrated by the scale. Remember that muscle weight is a good thing. Check your measurements, find some formerly tight clothing to try on and enjoy your new look in the mirror.
  • gillianr
    gillianr Posts: 4
    Options
    Unless you have a personal trainer or someone to direct you, using the machines is probably your best bet.

I've found free weights will show results faster, but you have to constantly make sure your form is correct (this is easier to do on machines).

ps. your pugs are adorable!!