Thinner Thighs

Options
Any advice or clues on how to get thinner thighs?
I'm curious.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    A mild calorie deficit, strength training, and time.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    A mild calorie deficit, strength training, and time.

Perfect answer.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I second the strength training.

Also I have found the elliptical at the gym EXTREMELY beneficial. My thighs are so much more toned.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that's the last to go on me, too. I've heard that running slims the legs the best. I was never keen on running, started a little bit this year with C25k, I will try again.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Since you cannot spot reduce, a total body fat loss plan ought to do the trick.

You will need to eat clean, at a deficit, and incorporate some strength training (with the HEAVIEST weights you can lift) and some cardio and you will have success eventually if you stay consistent.

I know I've really simplified this answer, but it's true. It just takes persistence and time and do the right things.

Women tend to store most fat around their lower abdomen, buttocks and thighs, therefore, since you are losing weight all over, this appears to be the last place that the fat disappears.

Take measurements to track your progress and keep you motivated.

If you want more specific advice - message me.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Running has slimmed out mine while simultaneously giving them muscle! I love it! My thighs have never been anything but squishy, and now they're becoming hard and strong!
  • pamben92
    pamben92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What if you cannot run? Will walking on the treadmill "uphill" work?
  • lyedana
    Options
    I strength train first then use an ellitical at the gym. The elliptical is making my thighs stronger and tighter like anything else I have ever done. Getting in a min of 30 minutes of cardio after you lift seems to be working for me.
  • waltmn1
    Options
    Yep- you can't spot reduce fat, but you can target specific muscle groups. Can I make a suggestion? Now, this isn't for the faint of heart, but it is a KILLER for your legs: Pillars of Strength. It's a strength training routine- but PLEASE don't be put off by the pictures- this comes from a bodybuilding site...with guys that openly admit to juicing!

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/pillars_of_strength

I'm getting back in shape after a nasty fall that resulted in surgery (plates-and-screws-in-my-foot kind of surgery). However, I used to be very fit, and I can say that (AS A GIRL) I did not turn into some muscle-head giant. After the recovery from this multi-week routine, the skinfold caliper measurements on my legs were at 3mm, and we had SQUEEZE to get that much.

If you're up to it- combine this (with weights you're comfortable with) with some great cardio. Someone mentioned the Elliptical- that is what I was using at the time as well. I'm not going to lie- these routines are torture...I started crying during workout C, and A LOT of the guys on the site gave me major kudos for finishing the entire fitness plan- most of them didn't finish. I think the best compliment I got was that my legs looked like I had pantyhose on- without actually wearing any pantyhose. (That and they were called man-catcher legs...which is awkward.) Well- that's my input, and I hope I have at least given you some ideas for workout variation! Good luck with your fitness goals!!!