new to mfp and seriously over weight

Options
2»

Replies

• noyfos
    noyfos Posts: 3
    Options
    HI everyone! i Have been on this site since october but this is my first time posting :) LOL. I am actually on here because I am going to be having weight loss surgery-VSG:happy: and its a requirement that I document my food/water/exercise for 6+ months..have 3 months to go but I will still use this when im done :)

Im am considered morbidly obese and have a bmi of 57 :( so doc put me on a 1600 calorie diet and i have been doing very well. I look forward to the journey ahead!

feel free to send me friend request/messages anytime :) im looking for new friends! :)

ps. SO FAR I HAVE LOST 20 POUNDS!!!
  • Portia4449
    Portia4449 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me,, i have 130 lbs to lose
  • kathie2204
    kathie2204 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and use me as a motivator. This is my first actual day on here and I have 200 lbs to lose. Happy to see that you did not let it go as long as I did. Stick with it or you will end up like me. I have lost and gained so many times but now am diabetic so I am deterimed to be successful this time.
  • kaw407
    kaw407 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been on here since October and I have lost 23 pounds! be trueful even on the days you are bad, use saucers for plates cider vinagar tablets make you drink a lot of water. If you binge one day a week dont beat yourself up
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just joined recently as well! feel free to add(anyone)! We all need a little motivation, i think this site is amazing and is really helping me, and im sure it will help you too!
  • emsemail
    emsemail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzy!

Congratulations! Be very proud of yourself for deciding to do this for yourself! You can do it!!! Just don't give up! It's one meal at a time! :happy:
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! MFP has been such a great tool for me. As I've gotten in the habit of logging every day, I started to see trends - like eating entirely too many carbs - and then I made tiny changes, like, substituting one healthier snack for one sugar-laden one. It's really made a big difference in how I feel!

For more support - take a look in Community, Groups - There's one called 100 lbs Down that is for folks who have lost - or are losing - over 100 lbs. There's also a thread under Motivation and Support "need to lose 100 or more" that is very active!

Best wishes!