Just a tip to share before I forget!

Options
Not sure what kind of exercise y'all do, but for me my big choice is biking. And that means being on there and pedaling for anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours depending on my motivation.

I use Pandora on my phone as my radio, and while I am a huge fan of music to inspire me, I recently discovered the comedy stations on there.

Once I hit my groove after about a half hour and I just need something to take my mind off of things, I put on my Dane Cook station and before I know it another half hour or more has gone by.

And laughing burns calories, too.

Sure, my neighbors probably think I'm the lunatic driving around laughing to herself on the bike, but the joke will be on them in a few months as long I keep this up.
:)

It hadn't occurred to me to listen to comedy until recently, so I thought I'd pass the tip along!

Replies

• tatiannajanel
    tatiannajanel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haha. I never thought of doing that. It sounds like a great idea!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i love this idea
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    :)
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you, brilliant idea
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    During the rough Vermont winters I ride my bike indoors on my trainer. Streaming Netflix comedy on my computer while I ride is my saving grace!!
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE IDEA... I WILL BE LISTENING TO COMEDY SOMETIMES THAT SHOULD HELP A LOT :)
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Louis C.K. is comedic gold. :P
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have loads of comedy podcasts on my ipod, I think they are ideal whilst on the exercise bike. I also tend to laugh out loud which does get funny looks at the gym.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I listen to comedy too sometimes! It breaks things up and keeps me motivated.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I always listen to podcasts when I work out, I never listen to music.