Hypertasking

Options
TROUBLE2
TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
The simultaneous execution of an exceedingly large number of tasks. An otherwise unmanageable number of tasks that can be accomplished with an extreme level of concentration. aka taking multi-tasking to the Nth degree.

example: Tam is taking care of a baby, eating healthy, trying to stay trim, taking care of the house and blowing up the boards on MFP shes Hypertasking for sure!

I feel like I am hypertasking today... no time for anything :(

Replies

• TROUBLE2
    Options
    The simultaneous execution of an exceedingly large number of tasks. An otherwise unmanageable number of tasks that can be accomplished with an extreme level of concentration. aka taking multi-tasking to the Nth degree.

example: Tam is taking care of a baby, eating healthy, trying to stay trim, taking care of the house and blowing up the boards on MFP shes Hypertasking for sure!

I feel like I am hypertasking today... no time for anything :(
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    If I didn't do it around here, it wouldn't get done. If I'm not doing at least ten things at one time, I consider that "taking a break"!:laugh: :laugh:

I heard this somewhere: "He who chases two rabbits catches neither". I'm definitely more of a linear thinker and doer, meaning that I get more done, and done better, if I can concentrate on one task at a time.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I hypertask at work.
    I hypertask at home.
    I hypertask in my sleep.

Tension is the only thing holding me together. :wink:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    I hypertask at work.
    I hypertask at home.
    I hypertask in my sleep.

Tension is the only thing holding me together. :wink:

sounds like you could use a Back Massage... :wink: care for a rub down??? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :blushing:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Does this count as hypertasking?

I'm eating my breakfast (three types of berries, bananas and yogurt), cruising the boards, watching tv, all while basking in the warmth of my fireplace?

Gosh, I live the good life! :tongue:

But I'm getting soooo tired with all this multitasking (it might also be the heat) that I'm thinking about going back to bed...

All you suckers at work.... ha ha
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    so would that mean slackertasking would be a lazy bum?!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Oh, I guess I'm slackertasking then, not hypertasking!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

Ohhhh thats a good one! I will add that to our MFP words... Good one Chrissy...

and Pettmy you have to stop slackertasking, and do something productive, how about a 2 page essay on proper stretching before workouts and the bennifits it has???

YOU HAVE HOMEWORK! :laugh: :tongue: :happy: :wink:
  • pettmybunny
    Options

and Pettmy you have to stop slackertasking, and do something productive, how about a 2 page essay on proper stretching before workouts and the bennifits it has???

I'll get right on that... mmmmm... after my nappy time! pphhhbbbttt:tongue::tongue:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

I'll get right on that... mmmmm... after my nappy time! pphhhbbbttt:tongue::tongue:

you know that is due by the end of the day... just so you know... there is a -10000 mfp points if you are late... the teacher has spoken!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    homeworkaphobia - yeah I think I have that and slackertasking today....I want to do nothing but I have so much to do.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Ok... so I'll start that paper by saying...

The benefits of stretching before exercise depends on how many guys (or chicks who are into girls) are using the machines and are watching me bend over to touch my toes. These same benefits would proportionally increase as the length of the shorts worn decreases.

Gee, isn't that all I need to know? Do I really need to use superfluous words and phrases to reach two pages? Maybe I can just increase my font size and double space...
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    :noway:
    Ok... blah blah blah...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blaggity Blah Blah (or chicks who are into girls) Blah Blah Blah Blahgitty Blah BLah are watching me bend over to touch my toes. These same benefits would proportionally increase as the length of the shorts worn decreases. Blah Blah Blah BLah BLah Blah Blah Blah blattity blah blah

:noway: that is as far as I got and forsome reason all I understood was this...

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :tongue:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Ok... blah blah blah...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blaggity Blah Blah (or chicks who are into girls) Blah Blah Blah Blahgitty Blah BLah are watching me bend over to touch my toes. These same benefits would proportionally increase as the length of the shorts worn decreases. Blah Blah Blah BLah BLah Blah Blah Blah blattity blah blah

So... that's an A, right? lol
  • chrissyh
    Options
    sounds that way to me!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    Ok... blah blah blah...

So... that's an A, right? lol

YES... A+ I will never overlook my stretches now... :wink: and it is because of you! I did not know you spoke EngiNerd so fluently...
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    If it's not an A, I'll add the following...

In addition to the benefits previously stated, proper stretching technique will result in a warm tingly feeling throughout the body, followed by an increasingly relaxed state.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    I better be careful, I might get sent to the principal's office...

lol... I'm married to a computer geek, and we have 10 cent word wars periodically...although we can fit superfluous into almost anything, so that's only a 5 cent word! Oh wait, you were talking proportionally increase, weren't you? lol
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

You crack me up... LOL yes :wink:

why can I not find people like my MFP friends to work with... I work with a bunch of un-fun duds...

they bring in tasty food thats the only reason I put up with them...
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    But if you worked with people like us, would anything ever get done? Please note, we are all on the computer wasting time! Well, except for me, because I don't actually have anything to do... So I'm filling time. But then again, this filling time is taking away from my nappy nap!