Pepper's Week in Review - Am I Sick or Just Lucky?

Options
Last Friday was my birthday, and for the whole weekend, I partied "like a rock star." Or, come to think of it, probably more like a classical music star, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, on Friday, I weighed 136. On Monday, I weighed 139... Whoah!

I was pretty upset. I also had allergy tests this week and wasn't allowed to work out or shower for 4 days while allergen samples were stuck to my skin - not fun. (Though it was funny that no one at work noticed. Hmmm... Well, I did wash my hair in the sink. But I digress.)

Since we all like to discuss bathroom habits here, I also could not have a normal BM all week! I even took MiraLax on Monday night. But nothing really happened ... I had "rabbit pellets," so I know that material is passing from start to finish... But my stomach has felt knotty all week - not pain per se, but a strange feeling, like I ate something bitter. I should really go back to the doctor and get more tests. Last time I checked, they didn't find anything wrong with me, but I wasn't very thorough.

In spite of all this - no exercise, no BM- I managed to lose 3 lbs by this morning, when I weighed in again at 136. It was very steady. 137.5 on Tuesday, 137 on Wednesday, 136.5 on Thursday, and 136 today - the kind of weight loss a lot of us dream about, in its regularity. In spite of the fact that I was completely irregular.

I credit the weight loss mostly to sticking to a 1700-1900 calorie range this week. Usually, I'm much higher, since I go out for dinner during the week. This week, I had to cancel those plans, as I had too much work to do.

Who knows what will happen next week? If I lose another 3 pounds, I'll be a little worried for my health... But if I lose one, I'll be pleased.

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Last Friday was my birthday, and for the whole weekend, I partied "like a rock star." Or, come to think of it, probably more like a classical music star, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, on Friday, I weighed 136. On Monday, I weighed 139... Whoah!

I was pretty upset. I also had allergy tests this week and wasn't allowed to work out or shower for 4 days while allergen samples were stuck to my skin - not fun. (Though it was funny that no one at work noticed. Hmmm... Well, I did wash my hair in the sink. But I digress.)

Since we all like to discuss bathroom habits here, I also could not have a normal BM all week! I even took MiraLax on Monday night. But nothing really happened ... I had "rabbit pellets," so I know that material is passing from start to finish... But my stomach has felt knotty all week - not pain per se, but a strange feeling, like I ate something bitter. I should really go back to the doctor and get more tests. Last time I checked, they didn't find anything wrong with me, but I wasn't very thorough.

In spite of all this - no exercise, no BM- I managed to lose 3 lbs by this morning, when I weighed in again at 136. It was very steady. 137.5 on Tuesday, 137 on Wednesday, 136.5 on Thursday, and 136 today - the kind of weight loss a lot of us dream about, in its regularity. In spite of the fact that I was completely irregular.

I credit the weight loss mostly to sticking to a 1700-1900 calorie range this week. Usually, I'm much higher, since I go out for dinner during the week. This week, I had to cancel those plans, as I had too much work to do.

Who knows what will happen next week? If I lose another 3 pounds, I'll be a little worried for my health... But if I lose one, I'll be pleased.