friday's of lent

Options
Today is friday.. so that mean's no meat for me!! anyone have any ideas for lunch?? I am kinda sick of yogurt and pizza is so bad! I love salad but I feel like that won't fill me up.. this just proves how important food it to me.. It is 10:27 and I am already thinking about lunch!! haha.. maybe that is how I got this way :ohwell: Anyway,, any ideas for friday of lent??

Megan

Replies

• megancolleen
    Options
    Today is friday.. so that mean's no meat for me!! anyone have any ideas for lunch?? I am kinda sick of yogurt and pizza is so bad! I love salad but I feel like that won't fill me up.. this just proves how important food it to me.. It is 10:27 and I am already thinking about lunch!! haha.. maybe that is how I got this way :ohwell: Anyway,, any ideas for friday of lent??

Megan
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat....How about a can of beans?.......Or a tuna sandwich? Vegetable stir-fry
  • cbates1
    cbates1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having red beans and rice. There is also veg. soup, moz. cheese sand. w/ pizza sauce or fish. That is just some of my favs. Good luck & Happy Lent !!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Last week, I made soymeat tacos... A package of soy ground (they had one that actually already was seasoned at the store, but I use just the plain stuff), a can of refried black beans (I got the fat free kind) and packets taco mix. I think I used 24 oz of the soy, a large can of beans and 3 packets of chi-chi's fiesta mix. It fed the 6 of us through 2 meals, plus a couple of lunches and a snack or two...

Today for lunch though, I'm planning on making an egg salad sammich. Yummy! Could also do a tuna melt or a grilled cheese sandwich though.

Tonight, DH is taking me out for a date night... So, I'm not sure what I'll be having.

Next week is already planned out, because we're having people over for homemade sushi and california rolls! For the kids who don't want sushi, I'm just going to pan sear their tuna (cut in 1 inch cubes) in a bit of seasoned olive oil.

Hope this gives you some ideas!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I just thought of eggplant parmesan! More of a dinner idea, but yummy all the same! I just slice the eggplant (about 1/2 inch thick), drag through egg and wheat germ then bake. Cover with spaghetti sauce (meatless of course!) and mozzarella cheese.
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you can still eat your salad drink milk before you eat I hear it fills you up
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My husband and I alternate. One Friday we'll do Pizza Hut "Natural" pizza. It's about 220 calories per slice. Then the next Friday we'll do Long John Silver's freshside grille stuff. They have shrimp scampi, salmon, and tilapia.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Eggs, a vegie omelet, egg salad sandwich.