Anyone else have this problem???

Options
I overinduldge!

For example, I do not have a drinking problem, I can go months without a drink, however, once I have 1 beer, it doesnt stop. I just cant seem to pin point that moment when your supposed to say, "ok, its enough."

Same thing with food. I can "diet"... I can actually "diet" really good, but i cant go off, not for even one day, because I overinduldge, I cant just keep it at one day... it turns in to the weekend, the week, and then the month. By the time I get the will power to get my butt back into gear, Ive gained back what I lost the month before. Another example... FLAMING HOT CHEETOS... what else can i say, other than... OMG, the makers of those things are incredible! I cant just have a handfull, or even half the bag... I have to eat the entire bag, to the point where im dumping the crumbs in my mouth... then suffer the consequences later that night when Im feeling what I can only describe as labor pains...Thats why, I absolutely cannot go off my "diet". If I go to a mexican place, I cant just have a few chips with salsa... I have to have 5 baskets and 10 bowls of salsa... Its rediculous!!! BUT... when im focused and "dieting", I can do great... Its all mental... I wonder, when I loose my weight, how I will ever be able to eat and drink like a normal person... If I can ever just have a few beers and a slice of pizza, vs. a 12 pack and half of an extra large everything on it...

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else is as jacked up as I am... lol... I wish I could go off my diet a day here and a day there... like on superbowl... but I cant, because Ill drink 3000 calories in beer and eat another 3000 in junk...

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I definitely overdo it on cheat days...like full out binging in the thousands of calories and sometimes it takes me awhile to get back on track. I just do my best and realize this is NOT a diet but my lifestyle and sometimes I will have to deal with obstacles and just do it. I regroup, remind myself of my goals and where I ultimately want to be and start back on the right track asap.
  • launa18
    launa18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I overinduldge!

For example, I do not have a drinking problem, I can go months without a drink, however, once I have 1 beer, it doesnt stop. I just cant seem to pin point that moment when your supposed to say, "ok, its enough."

Same thing with food. I can "diet"... I can actually "diet" really good, but i cant go off, not for even one day, because I overinduldge, I cant just keep it at one day... it turns in to the weekend, the week, and then the month. By the time I get the will power to get my butt back into gear, Ive gained back what I lost the month before. Another example... FLAMING HOT CHEETOS... what else can i say, other than... OMG, the makers of those things are incredible! I cant just have a handfull, or even half the bag... I have to eat the entire bag, to the point where im dumping the crumbs in my mouth... then suffer the consequences later that night when Im feeling what I can only describe as labor pains...Thats why, I absolutely cannot go off my "diet". If I go to a mexican place, I cant just have a few chips with salsa... I have to have 5 baskets and 10 bowls of salsa... Its rediculous!!! BUT... when im focused and "dieting", I can do great... Its all mental... I wonder, when I loose my weight, how I will ever be able to eat and drink like a normal person... If I can ever just have a few beers and a slice of pizza, vs. a 12 pack and half of an extra large everything on it...

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else is as jacked up as I am... lol... I wish I could go off my diet a day here and a day there... like on superbowl... but I cant, because Ill drink 3000 calories in beer and eat another 3000 in junk...

Yes Yes and Yes I do... about four years ago I decided that I was not going to eat red meat anymore, or meat in general. I come from a family that eats meat everyday and every night for dinner. I wanted to do this to see if I would feel better and have more energy and lose weight. so I started off slow I started eating meat only once a week, than every two weeks, eventually I had a meatless diet... I did this for almost 3 years.. than I got pregnant and started eating chicken again and eat chicken through out my pregnancy, than after my son was born I had a hamburger ( it was so yummy by the way) ... than I realized that I was eating meat almost every night... I told my self that this needs to stop.. so now I eat chicken and fish about once a week, and no red meat... my point is that yes you can fall of the "diet wagon" however you just get right back on...lol I try to think of it not as a diet but a life style, one that will hopefully help me live a long and healthy life...
    I also have the same problem with drinking, I don't drink all the time but when I do it is so hard to just have one. This may not be healthy but when I know I am going out and that I am going to drink and eat out I workout a lot more that day and try to burn about 900 calories or so, I still eat throughout the day but I try to stay around 1000 calories, that way when I go out and drink and eat that 2000 calories or so.. I don't feel as bad (I do not make a habit out of this though).. it is only every once in a while.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem but now I don't get much about of drinking so I can stop at 1 (usually) :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I definitely have days where I go over too...just a couple of days ago I went out for dinner with a friend who was upset, so we ordered comfort food...you know the kind, some nachos and appetizers to cry and vent about your problems over. And what vent session would be complete without sharing brownie, so...I did it, like 1000 calories, maybe more, in an hour. Brutal. When I have those days though I just sort of accept that it happened, and I enjoyed myself and then I move forward with my healthier eating.