Healthy Icecream Options?

Options
2»

Replies

• mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Breyers Carbsmart ice creams are very tasty! I don't know if it can be classified as healthy but they are low in calories, carbs, and sugar free. I love them, the chocolate ice cream taste just like any other. I will say that if you play with it...meaning take to long to eat it, it starts to taste a tiny bit "gritty" (best way I can describe the texture). But it taste so good I usually don't have that problem.
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    At Mcdonalds a vanilla cone only has 150 calories and it really seems to help with my ice cream cravings.

I also like to freeze the Yoplait whipped yogurts...very creamy and less than 200 calories (140 for strawberry...160 for vanilla). :)
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just stocked up on weight watchers fudge bars, raspberry dark chocolate bars and I found one that is raspberry cheesecake dipped in dark chocolate that I can't wait to try tonight.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    SKINNY COW Mint truffles ice cream bars...........100 calories of deliciousness.

Also, Weight Watchers makes a HUGE Coffee Latte ice cream bar.....I think the calories are slightly higher, but these babies are awesomely big!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Check out Blue Bunny's website. 90 calories a serving!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you like sorbet, the Whole Fruit Lemon or raspberry sorbet are unbelievable!
  • vastva
    vastva Posts: 2
    Options
    Becareful with "Low Fat" alternatives, most of them have an increase in sugar. When your body is given sugar it is told to immediately store it as fat. Thats why so many people are overweight and confused as to why they are still overweight "Ive reduced my fat! and my calories", the majority of people fat in this country are not because of their fat intake, but their carbs / sugar intake. Yes I went off on a rant there, lol.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love the dove ice cream miniatures idea!! I do Dreyer's Slow Churned and portion control! Everyone in my family prefers it over the regular ice creams :-)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, the Freedom range of frozen desserts are awesome and low-cal.:) All natural sugars and low fat, too!
  • xStellar
    xStellar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I take some frozen fruit (I buy the big bag of mixed fruit at costco), pop in the microwave for 45 sec, then put it in the blender with some almond milk, and blend til smooth. YUM! I add either protein powder or peanut butter for some protein so that I stay satisfied for a while and don't eat everything in sight. Not quite a mcflurry, but it does the trick for me :)
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes also work - bonus is they are cute as heck :)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I love all the SkinnyCow products. Low in calories but high in creamy, delicious taste. The sandwiches are pre-portioned so I find it easier to stick to a reasonable number of calories. If you give me a half-gallon and expect me to stick to a serving, yeah right.

^^^^^This..........
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I got Edy's Moose Tracks. It's slow churned, lower in sugar, and omg delicious.