Corporate Slaves

Options
Has anyone ever noticed corporate America is anything but plus sized? Well I'm tired of being the biggest one in the office!

Replies

• Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    yup....all work and no play (exercise) will make you gain gain gain!!
  • Sadaf887
    Sadaf887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight will help us out in all aspects of our lives, whether it is work or finding guys or anything else. A great body and the confidence that comes with it is priceless :D
  • biologic
    Options
    i recently read the book "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" by Robert Cialdini. In the book there is a chapter about attractiveness. Studies which are cited in the book show that people are negatively biased in general against what they consider unattractive (overweight being one factor, height being another).

Attractive people make more money than unattractive (in general. of course there are always exceptions). The tallest candidate generally wins the Presidential Election. We don't even realize how much our instinctive attraction biases influence our thinking and decision making.

Rather than hiring the most qualified for a job, often human resources ends up hiring the more attractive person for the job.

interesting read. i suggest everyone pick up a copy.
  • bobisme49
    bobisme49 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A lot of people make stereotypes about office workers - some are true, some are not - mostly it comes down to "it depends". In many places, a strong culture of corporate wellness and convenient work schedules allow people the time to dedicate to their health. Plus size or not, everyone can benefit from fostering a positive and proactive attitude toward healthful behaviours.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Alee4nia wrote: »
    yup....all work and no play (exercise) will make you gain gain gain!!

Not true....you can lose weight without exercising......its all in the food you eat...

Yes exercise helps, but it is possible to do it while not moving.......