Its kinda overwhelming... but here's what im going with

So I thought I had it all figured out. I got my routine down and am getting used to counting cals and am changing my diet. Im also more active.

Then I find the forums...

Now with all the input and different methods, successes, and goals. I am doubting myself. Am I eating enough? Am I working out enough? Am I setting myself up to plateau again ?

My mind is buzzing so loud with the info trying to figure out my best option that I am literally getting a headache.

I think its time for me to step back, refocus on what I know and ride with that.... and of course to stop worrying lol... if I follow the basics, I will eventually have to lose SOMETHING.

Rule 1- Record what I eat, aim for 1250 net cals at least but only eat what I am comfortable with.
Rule 2- Adapt my foods to healthier choices.
Rule 3- Get active. Don't kill myself working out but get moving everyday if possible.
Rule 4-Only check measurements once a week, same day same time.
Rule 5- Relax. Find balance in the chaos and ease into a healthier happier life style.

.... now that i put it that way, i feel better. Here's hoping !
-Amanda

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Amanda, these are some GREAT guidelines. I might also add get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, and watch your sodium intake.

Not being too hard on yourself is critical to success, I think. You have to be in it for the long haul and recognize there will be ups and downs (both scale wise and otherwise). I've lost 30 pounds in 6 months by working with my body and not against it.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey!