best place to meet a guy?

Options
I got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and i'm ready to date again :) where did you meet your guy?

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    A bar. I know it sounds terrible, but when you are out of school and work prospects are not any viable option, there isn't a lot of other alternative. I swear decent people go to bars sometimes, too! :P
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    On a dating website. I don't really do the bar scene anymore so that wasn't a good place for me.
    I work with all family members, I was about 10 years old than the people from school before I graduated.

I did not know where else to look. I just made sure on the first meeting that we wanted the same things, and we have been very happy since.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Can't speak from experience at all, but word of mouth tells me MeetUp.com is great. It's these groups where you go and hang out and meet people with similar interests. There are a lot of singles groups on there, and if I were looking to start dating, that'd be the first place I'd look.

Edited to clarify: This isn't a dating website. It's a place to find people to hang out with in real life. You choose what you're interested in and what kind of events you want to go to, and then you go with a whole group and just hang out with and meet new people. There are singles (and couples, too!) groups there, or you just go to ones where that isn't specified. You have fun, whether you meet someone or not (and that I can say from experience!).
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love book store boys.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dating website :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Met my husband and all my best ex's on dating websites. It's like window shopping for men. Love it!
  • Richelle07
    Options
    I've tried some dating websites and they sucked. Don't go to bars. Any other suggestions out there?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    On MFP, of course. :laugh:

Start doing some more things for yourself that you love. Thats where.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Someone should make a singles thread and be like, "Everyone single, meet up, share your interests and message who you think you have in common with and hit it off!" Haha.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I met one of my ex's in the supermarket :laugh: single guys gotta eat and if they are single who else will shop for them :bigsmile:

What about the dog park, if you don't own one borrow one :wink:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and i'm ready to date again :) where did you meet your guy?
    You have about two weeks to learn football, you should hurry!!! Sports bar or sports bar or sports bar if you're an American learn before football season is over . Basketball and baseball are not the same
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    At a club! And not ashamed of it.. I consider myself a decent person and I was there at the club, so it's just as likely that there are other normal people there too! And sooooo happy with him today :D

Edited to add:: that was in answer to your question of where I met my guy. Not sure about the answer to your question of what's the best place to meet them.. I mean there's not ONE place where all the perfect guys decide to hang out.. in the morning he might be in a coffee shop, later on at the gym, the supermarket, etc - they're moving targets!! :laugh:
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Someone should make a singles thread and be like, "Everyone single, meet up, share your interests and message who you think you have in common with and hit it off!" Haha.
    *like*
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    I was reviewing the thread for ideas since, I also got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and wanted to consider dating. But.....internet dating seems scary in my 30's.
  • denisegolden
    Options
    I was reviewing the thread for ideas since, I also got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and wanted to consider dating. But.....internet dating seems scary in my 30's.

give it a whirl...have heard good and have heard bad, but i think its just technology taking over where we dont have time...between kids, house and work, who has time??? lol
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    I'm here ladies. Your friends said you were looking all over for me. Oh how rude, my name is Mr. Right :)
  • denisegolden
    Options
    I'm here ladies. Your friends said you were looking all over for me. Oh how rude, my name is Mr. Right :)

lol...with a smile like that...do you need corny pick-up lines...lol
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, or at the gym!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in high school :) There's lots of single guys at the gym too, and you'll know you have something in common.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options