Weight loss by increasing calories?

Options
My suggested calorie intake is 1550, but i want to be around the 1800-2000 range and still lose weight. I am currently eating 1500 ish but not losing anything. Suggestions?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    My suggested calorie intake is 1550, but i want to be around the 1800-2000 range and still lose weight. I am currently eating 1500 ish but not losing anything. Suggestions?

Muscle burns fat, 24 hrs days.

Do you feel firm or flabby?

Weight lifting may need to be in your future along with other exercise. Because that is how you'll get to eat.

Oh, the goal calories is based on a BMR which may be off if your metabolism has been slowed from abusive diets in the past, and you have less than avg muscle for gender, age, weight tables the calculations are based on.

Then your maintenance calories are based on your choice of activity level, confirm you choose wisely.

Then goal calories can be manually adjusted.

Careful of the exercise calorie estimates, since you want to eat them back. Google several sites for your common activity estimates, and take the avg of them all for recording here.

Then MFP will show you that higher goal figure on days you workout.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Try increasing the calories and see if it works, that's all I can really suggest.

What do you have your weekly weight loss target set at?
  • believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    chatterbox, my goal is set to 1/2 a pound I think. The thing is, over the last year, I have only lost about 10 lbs with a majority of that being lost in the first 3 months. ..

heybales, you may be absoltuely right. i crossfit and walk, so i dont feel to flabby, but can definitely be more fit. I think it may be my abusive diets that caused my metabolism to slow. maybe myweight lifitng will help me muscles to bring my metabolism back to normal :)